Evan-A Summer in New Jersey (3)

Evan's POV

I sighed. Jared was still driving home from his sister's place. She had needed some help with one of her DIY projects, and Jared was surprisingly amazing at them. Would Jared answer if I called? Maybe he could give me advice about this whole thing. I've been auditioning for tons of shows, but I only got cast as a small part. The most important line I've ever had was just a monologue in one song. I pulled out my phone, and called him.

"Evan!" He was very excited to talk to me? Is this normal? I mean, he spends so much time here, I thought he'd get sick of me. "What's up?"

"I wish my acting job was."

"Oh...don't say that."

"Jared, I could wander New York during the night after one of my shows. Take a carriage ride through Central Park."

"But it wouldn't be as nice as a summer in New Jersey, where I'm sharing a room with my husband." His voice cracked when he had said 'husband.' I twisted the ring on my finger. The words 'Only Us,' were engraved on it. I still had to remind myself sometimes that I was actually married, and not just a guy who has a boyfriend.

"I could have all the cures for all the nation's sickness."

"But you make me lovesick."

"Oh hush. I could be in line to be the British Queen. Maybe I could look like I was seventeen."

"What are you getting at?" Jared asked.

"Still I'm certain I'd prefer to be going slowly batty. I could shove an ice pick in my eye. I could eat some fish from last year, but it wouldn't be as awful as a summer in New Jersey. It doesn't even have cable, hot water, Vietnamese food, or you."

"We'll go to New York for the summer. I promise. When I get this book published. And it's gonna be soon. This is gonna be a good one."

"Oh! Speaking of books, I saw your book at a Borders in Kentucky under a sign that said 'New and Recommended.' I stole a look at your picture on the inside cover. And then I couldn't leave."

"Please don't actually tell me you stole."

"One of my friends was with me and she was all quiet. Then she said, 'All things considered, I guess you don't have to purchase it.' So I smiled like Mona Lisa and I lay my money down! I think she was crushing on me. I don't think she knew about us though. But she isn't ever gonna get me!"

"Awww." His voice could forever be my guide—I tell the stars each night that I'm thankful for everything they've given me.

"Well, I'm waiting for you to come home. So hurry up, Jared, get unstuck and get on the scene!"

"I'm coming! I just have to get off this exit."

"I'm sending love."

"You do that," He laughed.

"Here's love from Evan Kleinman."

"Oh! Here it is! My love from my beautiful husband."

"You know it."

And with that, Jared and I would never have to spend another summer in New Jersey.

Well it's revealed that got married!!!!!!

Stay snazzy!!!!