I'm Staying

{No one's p.o.v}

Rin speed walked down the hallway toward the Cram School classroom. In minutes he arrived at the door, he reached towards the door knob, hesitating before he could grab the handle with his hand shaking from anxiety. Was he really ready to face another day of this? Another day of hate? Another day of disgusted and horrified glares. And hurtful words directed towards him. They didn't know that he could hear every word they said behind his back loud and clear.

There were days that he just wanted to quit, he had lost all his motivation. He wasn't even sure if he even wanted to defeat Satan anymore. Let alone become an exorcist. He had actually developed a pretty good relationship with demons, he had even befriended a few of them. Not all of them were capable of speech, but the ones who could talk would always tell such fascinating stories. Stories or their lives, their struggles whether it be to find food, a source of entertainment or to escape exorcists. It came to a point where it physically pained him to watch his fellow demons get slaughtered. So what was the point of him wasting anymore time here? It's not like he was wanted there. Yet, deep inside, for some sick reason he wanted to stay. This place was all he knew now, and it wasn't like there was anywhere else he could go and stay and feel welcomed. For some reason he didn't want to give up on this just yet, it was once his ambition before and he didnt want to quit so easy.

And so Rin mustered up the courage to turn the cold metal handle and open the door. He wished that they would just ignore him and leave him be completely, but sadly that was not the case. As he entered he was immediately met with hateful glares. If looks could kill then Bon would have him dead with his piercing eyes. Konekomaru gave him a fearful look, he was shaking and frowning and appeared to be absolutely petrified. Izumo flat out ignored him but that was normal, out of everyone she was the only one who acted the same towards him and he somewhat appreciated it. But being ignored wasnt what he needed right now. He needed a friend. And Shiemi, Shiemi wouldnt even so much as look at him anymore. He would catch her glancing at him but as soon as she noticed that he saw her watching, shed quickly averted her gaze. This treatment had been going on for months and it was beating him down.

"You're late, again." Yukio spat bitterly, adjusting his glasses.

His eyes screamed to words hatred as well. Rin had no idea why though. Yukio had always known that he was the son of Satan, even before Rin knew about it. So why did he suddenly seem to hate him too? Perhaps it was because he was angry with Rin for being foolish enough to reveal his secret to everyone, thus placing himself in a dangerous situation. Or perhaps Yukio had always hated him deep down, and was only now revealing his true feelings towards his twin. The second seemed more likely. Maybe Yukio had always been afraid of him too. His brother was a dangerous demon after all while he was basically human. If he were Yukio he'd be afraid of himself too.

He took his seat at the very back of the class in the corner. He pulled his hood up over his face and rested his head on the desk faced down, he wished he could just disappear. He just wanted to go back to his dorm and sleep. Yukio then barked at Rin for being out of uniform which had everyone looking at him again, feeling their eyes on him made him nauseas. He reluctantly pulled down his hood with his shaky hands, his hands had been shaking a lot lately. When he removed his good you should see the deep dark bags under his eyes as a result from many restless nights. Were they concerned though? No. He rested his head back down on the desk. Yukio would have yelled at him for sleeping in class again, but he felt done with complaining.

"Why is he even here if hes just going to sleep the entire time!? Ryuuji leaned over to Renzou and complained. Besides, whats Satan's bastard even doing becoming an exorcist in the first place?"