Shadows

Closest I could get to Envy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Prologue

It filled my gut, twisting, and ripping my insides. I stared at the back of her head if it was possible I would have burnt holes it her golden locks. Why was she so perfect? My jealousy ate away at my heart and soul as I watched her laugh at a joke some guy said. My new best friend wrapped around my leg like ivy, envy pulling me down to the pits of hell as I watched her flirt on.

She found it so easy to mix and get boyfriends; I on the other hand was a freak, with my dirty black hair, emerald green eyes and the mark, the mark that was on my face like circlet. It had a full moon between my green eyes and ivy grew from the moon and ended just below my eyes. I was a freak with that blue mark on my face.

My jealousy of my younger sister grew like a disease turning my heart black as I stormed back to our house in the woods. I opened the red door of my house and my mother's cheerful voice sounded from somewhere deep in the house.

"Rosie is that you darling?" Her bright sing song voice rang down the hall way.

"Yes it is" I snapped storming off to my lonely room. I tried my pure black that reached the small of my back up in a high pony tail. I sighed as I locked my friend, jealousy away in its black cage. I had to get ready. I dressed in all black, black jumper, black skinny jeans, black knee high boots and a long leather jacket that touched the back of my knee. Grabbing a black scarf and covering my mouth I put on my leather fingerless gloves on my pale cold hands.

I checked to see no one was outside before opening the grey window. It was dark outside already. It was winter here and the days were getting shorter and colder. The wind bit at my skin as I hopped onto the window sill balancing perfectly. Breathing in the cold air feeling myself relax I jumped from the second floor and landed like a cat on their feet or paws. I ran as fast as I could through the dark woodland feeling eyes of animals on my back but I had no fear. I was born without it; I had no feelings apart from negative ones. I felt no happiness, no joy, and no love. I felt angry, hate, jealousy. I had no ramose or sadness.

I ran down the woodland that was thick with trees, a white mist started to fill the area, twisting and cutting through the trees smothering the ground. I ran right into a lonely town a wind blow screeching for its victim, people were already running home or had taken into hiding in the pubs or in their warm lit homes. If only they knew what ran around so freely they would never leave there cute little homes.

I went down many charted streets and alley ways. When I had reached an alley that was a lot darker than any of the others I turned and went straight down it. My footsteps followed me like an old friend reminding me of how lonely I really was. I reached an old black door and knocked four times in a pattern it swung open fiercely I had to jump out of the way so it wouldn't knock me out.

I walked in the well lit hallway and hearing voice as I walked down. Pictures of people smiling lined the white washed walls and a blood red rug ran down along the oak floor as my footsteps sounded in the quite hallway.

A door suddenly opened almost making me jump. A short man with square glasses, wearing a shirt and tie smiled at me. "Eliot" I nodded to him as he pushed his glasses closer to his thin face. His hair was light brown like the colour of dried mud was messing as if he had been running his hand through it. That meant something was worrying him!

"Who is it Ellie?" a girl's voice said from the room Eliot had just come out from.

"No one Emma" he said grinning behind his shoulder at the girl. I raised a thin eyebrow at him as I pulled the scarf and letting hang around my neck.

"So Envy how have you been doing?" Eliot asked as I stood in front of me. I never gave my real name to these people well part from Eliot who did know my name but he used my nickname Envy.

"I am okay Eliot" I said in my monotone voice.

"Eliot who is it?" the girl girly voice moaned.

"Are you going to let me in?" I asked trying to look to see who the girl was. All I saw was a flash of blonde hair.

"Yeah sorry" he muttered stepping aside. I walked into a study. Books filled the walls to the top and a grey marble fireplace clung to the right wall with a roaring fire. A brown leather sofa and other wooden and leather chairs circled the fireplace. This was a meeting. I thought to myself. I hated meeting so much I never went to them but somehow I found myself at one of Eliot's meetings. Sighing deeply, I looked over the people that were sat in some of the seats. I counted 4 in total.

3 girls and 1 boy; One girl had deep chocolate coloured hair, she was tanned and had hazel eyes, I noticed she was wearing dark blue jeans and red tank top. Another girl had dirty blonde hair that was cut in a pixie cut, she had a sweet face with bright blue eyes and she looked short and cute. She had heavy black eye makeup on and she was wearing a little black dress with stripy black and white tights. The last girl had long blonde hair that was almost white she had pale blue eyes and rosy cheeks and pale pink lips. Her hair was twisted into a bun and she was wearing a pink top and like blue jeans. The boy had bronze hair and was floppy and he had brown eyes.

"Are you here for the meeting?" the girl with the bun asked me.

"No" I said simply.

"Oh well you are going to have to leave" she said with hate leaking from her words.

"Er... Emma?" Eliot said to the girl with a bun "this is Envy" shock crossed all their face as they stared back at me.

"You are Envy the vampire hunter?" Emma asked.

~*~

Well what do you think? I wanted to do something like this for a long time but I never knew where to start!! Please tell me what you think!!! I need tips on how to improve my writing skills so please please help me out and maybe vote, fan and comment for me? I will read, vote comment and fan back if you want me too!! So please help me out!! Thank you!! XXX