Just Say Hi

Frick, so close. He texted. Why won't you just talk to him? It's just saying hi!! It's not like you're going to debate about politics or some shit.

Because it's been three years, I already explained this shit to you. I replied. I sighed, he'll never understand. He's a guy so I guess I get it.

Come out of the bathroom, I'm too tired to force you to talk to him. He said. Alright then.

I unlocked the flimsy and breaking lock and glanced in the mirror before walking out of the bathroom. There he was, leaning against the wall just outside the bathroom in defeat.

"Why are you so scared? I'll never understand, all you're doing is saying hi," he said. I sighed.

"How would you feel if I ignored you and avoided you everyday for three years, then one day I just pop up and say hi like the three years never passed?" I said. He just laughed.

"Hello, you never know, maybe he missed you for the last three years," he said and raised his eyebrows giving me 'the look'.

"Stop that, you look preverted." I lightly slapped his cheek and walked down the hallway.

"What is it about him that makes you not want to talk to him? I mean, why's he so different from your best friend?" He struck a ridiculous pose and made me laugh.

"First of all, he's really tall. I uaed to be just barely more than half his height. He's like six foot and we're only in eighth grade!" I was just an inch short of being five foot.

"But I'm five ten and you're not complaining." He walked closer to me, towering over me.

"Yeah, I know I know I know. But you're my best friend, and I'm used to your height always wavering near me like a shadow."

"Or is it because he's your crush?" He stopped right where he stood and looked at my with a smug smile. He resumed walking after he knew I got the message. "I already know the answer. You know, you're kinda stalker-ish. I mean, you don't talk to him, but you know a lot about him. Oh hey, isn't that his locker?" He pointed at one of the navy blue lockers that lined the hallways.

"No, that's the four hundreds. His is only one hundred twenty one." (21 >w<) He snickered and I blushed. Looks like I did know a lot.

"What's his class right now?" I glared at him. I memorized his schedule...

PE, Advanced Algebra, General Art, Physics, Advanced Band, Accelerated US History, and English.

Don't judge. I was just happy our scedules didn't overlap, unlike me and my best friend... except for one class. My next one. I opened the door and made my way all the way in the back, hoping I was fast enough to evade any glances.

Fuck. Too slow.

I fucking hate art.

**************************************************************************************

The picture is her crush ^v^ Wonder what her best friend looks like......