28. Horn of Amalthea

Maddie's POV

"Are these okay?" Justin turned towards me as he stood in front of the mirror.

"Those look fine to me, but I told you that I don't know how to dress a man."

"It's the same as dressing you, minus the boobs," he sighed in a frustrated tone.

"No, it's not, Justin. I have hips and I'm short and I don't have muscle as you do. How am I supposed to know what looks good?" I shrugged.

"Maddie, I told you that this was an all-day job. You can't flake out on me now."

"You're worse than Olivia." I leaned back in my chair, and Justin went behind the curtain again to change.We were currently in Maggie's store, and Justin had all but kicked her out so that he could try on clothes. He needed a new full wardrobe and since winter was right around the corner, that meant jackets, gloves, sweaters, scarves, and new pants, along with suits galore.

At first, seeing Justin try on clothes was extremely sexy—and it still was—but enough was enough. How could one man need so many clothes? We'd been in this store for three hours already. He only gave me breaks to pee, and that was it.
I was complaining, but to be honest, I was just happy to be doing something.

I'd spent the entire last week after Justin got home from Boston holed up in his penthouse. "Stir-crazy" did not begin to describe the way I was feeling.
Since I had been threatened with those fucking ridiculous flowers, Justin had gone a little insane. Correction: he had gone completely insane. He wouldn't let me go out of the house unless it was for school. He would drop me off every morning and walk me into my first class, which was always literature, before leaving to start his day.

Benny was with me for the rest of the time, at my side and not moving, unless I was in class. When I wasn't, he hung back. But even then, I could feel him. No one would talk to me anymore because they knew that I had some beast of a bodyguard looking out for me. Even Daniel moved across the room in math. I made up some excuse that my father demanded I have Benny around so no one asked questions.

But I could tell that they wanted to.

After my classes were over for the day, Benny would walk me back to Justin's. Then, I would just... sit there until he returned.

I couldn't say I minded; I was more than happy to spend all of my time at Justin's. It was just the principle of it all. Justin was holding me, prisoner, in his apartment. I understood why, but he could have done it in a better way. As of now, he was forcing me to stay with him. All he had to do was ask.

Keegan, Finn, Jaxon, and Justin helped me pack up my stuff the day after all of that shit happened. Everything fit in three large boxes that were hauled to Justin's penthouse. My input wasn't even really needed. I could have stayed in bed for the entire day because I didn't help at all. They just left the boxes in the family room because as of now, I still wasn't all that happy with Justin. I didn't want to just "move it" when he knew that we weren't on good terms.

Every night, I would start off trying to sleep on the couch. Justin would carry me up to his room around three in the morning, and then I would finally let my mind shut off and go to bed.
I understood where he was coming from—of course I did—but who did he think he was? He couldn't just force me to stay with him against my will. Okay, so it wasn't against my will, but I still wasn't very happy with him right now.

When overprotective Justin was out in full force, there was no way to rein him in. There was no way to calm the beast inside, which led me to one saddening conclusion.

I wasn't ever going to be free again.

I knew that I was being overdramatic. Justin said that I wasn't looking at the situation correctly, but he wasn't my father. I had to be able to breathe once and a while. I would even go for Benny taking me out for a walk in the park once a day like a dog, but Justin wouldn't even go for that. If it wasn't for class, then I would never be allowed out of the apartment.