16.

Read on...You might be happy because of the amount of Perachel awkwardness.

Also, we have skipped ahead of three months now. Annabeth is pretty much over Luke, and Percy and Rachel have been dating for three months now.

And also...
YAY FOR 4K!!!!
YAYYYYYYY!!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

-•-
16.
Awkward...
-•-

• Percy Jackson •

"Mom, I'm taking Estelle and Tyson out!" I said, searching frantically for the blue Toyota Prius keys. "Mom?"

My mom walked out of the kitchen, holding her favourite red spatula. She said that she couldn't live without it to me once. "What for? And besides, I'm whipping up some cookies!"

"First: ice-cream parlour with Rachel, she wanted to be with the kids. Second: the cookies are my lunch tomorrow. Now, where are they?" I said to my mom, finding the keys and stuffing them down the back of my jeans' pocket.

My mom gave me a weird look. Then she shook it off. "I'll tell them to come down, they were building something with Legos..." she muttered as she went up the stairs. I heard her voice go off as she called for them. She came back down and said, "I've told them. They'll be down in a minute or two. Wait for a bit."

I nodded and mumbled, "Thanks mom."

My mom gave me a smile and walked to the kitchen and then stopped and walked back. "You know," she said, dragging her voice on. "I honestly expected you to end up with Annabeth."

-•-

"Wear your seatbelt!" I said to Tyson as he waved his arms, clicking it in place for him. "You too, Estelle."

Estelle had her whiny face on. "But, Pewcy, I wanna sit in the fwont!"

I smiled at her and said, "Well, Rachel will be sitting there. So, you two sit in the back, alright?"

Estelle huffed and folded her arms, grumpily saying, "Fine."

I chuckled, sitting down and pulling my seatbelt. I started the ignition and drove down the road, letting the window down so some cool evening breeze would flow through the car.

I hummed an inexistent song, thinking about the past two months. Annabeth had been hanging out with me a lot but she seemed distant at the same time. She claimed she'd gotten over Luke but he never left her. Once, I saw him following her down the hallway and I had to intervene between them, telling Luke harshly to leave Annabeth alone and Luke flashed me an angry glare.
Annabeth seemed more...preserved. She didn't open up quite as much as she did before the breakup. She still laughed and joked around but there seemed to be a wall between us. A wall between us that could be broken down easily but we couldn't seem to have the strength to do it.

Meanwhile, me and Rachel...To be frank, things have been quite awkward between us. The first month or so was great. It really was. We went out on dates, held hands, smiled and blushed, all that stuff.

But after a while, we weren't the same.

Things got more quiet between us, it wasn't like how it was when we were friends. But I loved Rachel. At least, I think I do. Or maybe it just wasn't working out... And thus, this ice-cream date. Maybe we could fix things between us. If not then, well, that's for later.