17. (4K SPECIAL!)

Just something I wanted to do as a special for 4K+ reads..
Also, Percy and Rachel are breaking up...

Ya happy?

17.
Truth
-•-

Rachel Elizabeth Dare

To be frank, I've thought of this for quite a long time. I always thought I loved Percy and that he was my...significant other, you could say. But once we started dating...I realized it just wasn't meant to be. Sure, the first month or so was great. But the two months after weren't. Besides, I was sure Percy didn't even love me. It might have been a crush. That's all.

And the same goes for me.

I don't really love Percy Jackson.
And it was time for us to break up.

I didn't know how Percy would take it...Positively or negatively? Would he be okay with my decision? And that's why I decided to break the news to him after we ate the ice-creams.

"Percy...I think we should break up."

I had told him that. I could figure out what he was thinking about. He didn't say a word and he went to sit in the car. I followed him and sat on the shotgun seat and once more, the ride was silent. If we were friends, the car ride would have been filled with jokes and laughter. Beside the chatter of Tyson and Estelle from the back, me and Percy didn't say a word. He finally stopped at my house and got down to accompany me to the door. He went ahead as I came behind him.

"You should go," Percy said, his voice sounding monotone.

"Percy, please," I said, grabbing his hands. "Say something!"

"What am I supposed to say?"

I sighed. This boy... "Meet me at the café shop, tomorrow at 5 in the evening, we'll talk there," I said, pressing my lips together and looked at him as he gave a subtle nod. I pulled his face and kissed him on the cheek. "Bye." I opened the door and walked into my house, looking at his sea-green eyes one last time.

I immediately went up to my room, ignoring my parents' greetings. I slumped down a beanbag and took a pencil and my sketch pad, beginning to sketch something. I don't know what it was but doodling or sketching something took my mind of things and right now I definitely needed some space. As I drew, I thought of Percy and my decision to break up.

Is it right?
I think it is...
Do I feel sad about breaking up with Percy?
Okay, just a bit but not too much. I feel happy because I know I'm doing what's best for me and Percy.

I smiled to myself.
You are awesome, Rachel.

I know.

Then my mind drifted to another thought:
Does Percy like someone else?

-•-

"You know it, Percy," I said, drumming my fingers against the tables as Percy sat opposite to me. "This isn't working out."

"Yes, I do, Rachel. But, why can't we try to hold it on?" Percy said, a tinge of worry in his voice. "Maybe, it can work out later-"