2

Chapter 2

"So this is what the beach is like" I say as I'm looking around for a place to lay out my towel "Yeah this is what it's like beach volley ball swimming tanning the usual ya know" Lisa says

"Come on let's go join the game" Charlie says

"Okay" I respond "Are the rules the same as normal volley ball?" I ask after a moment of thought

"Yeah they are" Lisa yells as she's running towards the court. I follow and as soon as I get there I hear a guy from the team on the right call out "We call the blonde chick" I blush and walk over to that side."Hi my names James what's yours?" James asks "I'm Kira" I answer "Cool you know how to play?" He asks while holding up the ball "Who doesn't" I ask sarcastically and he laughs and hands me the ball to serve.On the other team there is Charlie, Lisa and four other people I don't know and on my team it's me, James, Gregory, and two guys and a girl who introduced themselves as Cale, Matt and Nattily. We start the game as I serve and I watch as one of the girls on the other team dives to hit the ball and then Charlie volleys it over and Nattily spikes it and scores the first point. After a while my team gets to ten ending the game and leaving us winning ten to 6. Lisa walks over and calls beginners luck, but why she doesn't know is that at my old school I was volley ball captain for two years until I had to move, I was the first freshman in twenty years to be made captain. After the game I check out James and decide he's hot he is nice and tan has a six pack, short brown hair, nice nose (not crooked), bright green eyes and a beautiful smile that takes my breath away. He must I caught me staring because he walks over and says "Staring is rude you know"

"Sorry I don't mean to stare" I answer quickly

"Ah it's fine I mean who wouldn't want to stare at this" he says while gesturing to his body "kidding" I laugh

"I mean it's nice to stare at, kidding but you do look nice"

"Well thank you, you aren't to bad yourself"

"Why thank you"

"You want to go swimming?" He asks

"I'm sorry I can't I got to go home but maybe another day"

"Well give me a call when you have time I'll give you my number"

"Okay then" I say. I hand him my phone and he adds his number then we leave for home.

After we got home Lisa and I hung out in my room just getting to know each other "James was so checking you out earlier" Lisa says

"No he wasn't" I say

"Yes"

"No well actually he was"

"Ha wait you live him to"

"No"

"Omg you so do"

"Wellllll"

"Omg!!"

"Any way how old are you Lisa?"

"17 how about you"

"Same"

"Cool so I guess you will be going to my school next week"

"Yeah wait your school"

"Yeah my school #imthemostpopulargirlinthewholeschool"

"Oh well then"

"Sorry to burst your bubble but you seem really cool so I'll consider sharing the title with you"

"Really?"

"Yeah but the only thing that I request is that you get bit by James"

"What?"

"I mean kissed"

"Why?"

"Because you two would be so perfect together"

"Thanks"

"Okay so what do you think of vampire books?"

"Well they are cool and fun to read too but vampires shining/sparkling/dying in the Sunnis stupid"

"Well in sure real vampires aren't like that"

"Are you suggesting that vampires are real?"

"Yeah of course"

"I guess that could be cool/practical"

"Yeah but I don't think they have any weaknesses"

"Well then"

"Anyway so what's the school like?"

"It's amazing because there are no ugly guys"

"Haha okay that's good"

"Yeah anyway I should go to bed I like to look good everyday in other words no dark circles ever it's amazing but cause I've never had a dark circle so even if I'm up Kate on sleepovers still no dark circles"

"Lucky but I'm tiered after everything today so I'm just going to bed so yeah see you tomorrow"

"Night"

"Night"