Chapter 1: Deep Waters

MountView, a town where the word crime was unknown. A town with beautiful mountains and sceneries. It was the most safest place to live. But not until 4th December, when an extremely unexpected death takes place and the history unravels.

-------------------------------------------------------------
4th December 2019.
Plainview Studios.
10 pm.

"Alright that's enough for today, the rest of the photoshoot will be done tomorrow." The photographer instructed.

"Bye guys, see you tomorrow."

"Take care Sybil."

Sybil Khan was heading back to her bungalow, unaware that she was living the last moments of her life. Her life was always a struggle, she was an entirely self made and a successful woman who had achieved everything on her own. The car stopped and she got out.

The huge bungalow came into her view, a sudden smile spread across her lips, the one which screamed pride. She tiptoed inside, not wanting to disturb her mother. The whole house was dark, her mother and all of the servants had fallen asleep. She slowly opened the door of her mother's room and saw her sleeping peacefully.

Sybil looked at the most important person of her life, her mother was a very strong woman who had always supported her no matter what. After the death of her father, Sybil became the man of the house herself. 10 years of her life had passed on struggling for success and money, and now there she was all satisfied and contented with her life.

10:30 pm.

Her room was perfectly organized, everything was kept in its own place not a single thing touched or misplaced. It was late, and she was bone crushing tired. She went to take a hot bath even in the chilly winter. She walked towards her death. And that was the moment her life ended.

-------------------------------------------------------------
View Cafe.
11 pm.

"This loser is living his best life in Newyork, and we are here in this cafe as always, eating burgers and sipping shakes." Roshanay said while watching Murtaza's latest Instagram picture which he posted yesterday.

"Ugh, even Newyork looks ugly in his presence." Kabir mumbled.

"Why don't you two ever get along?" Aryaan asked Kabir.

"Come on! He is such a buzzkill." Kabir gave a reason.

"But I feel genuinely happy seeing him like this. He has never been this happy since..." Roshanay could not continue the sentence while a dejected silence fell upon them.

Exactly in that moment, a breaking news flashed on the LCD in the cafe. The reporter was talking in a high pitched voice.

"Supermodel and sensation, Sybil Khan found dead in her own bungalow. The 32 year old model was in her personal washroom and after a few minutes after she was found dead, for further updates, stay tuned to View News!"

The three of them were shocked by the news, a person like Sybil Khan who had no problems and issues in her life was suddenly dead. If it was a suicide, then why would she take such a step?

"Sudden death? How?" Aryaan said.

"Maybe she was suffering from depression. We do not know how it can affect a person in several ways. It can eat you up alive." Roshanay's eyes became dark remembering those beautiful hazel eyes and that vivacious smile.