Day One: Gay Pride

Main Character(s): Luka Flamenco; Phoenix Matsumoto 

Mentioned Character(s) Tyrome October

Unedited

Luka was sitting with his adoptive older brother and swinging his legs over the open air. He had climbed the treee while Phoenix was sitting underneath it. Phoenix was a professor at the local Highschool. He had this really cool hairstyle where half his head was sort of shaved and the other half was dyed a cyan blue. It's really cool. Right now it's June First and Luka has asked to talk with his big brother.

"Hey, Phoenix, don't you think you should ask him already?"

Luka said completely out of the blue, causing Phoenix to get flustered and blushed instantly. He knows exactly what his little brother was talking about. Luka had met Pheonix's best friend Tyrome and he knows that Phoenix likes him. However, Phoenix was a Shy boi. He didn't have the confidence to ask him for his sexuality, let alone on a date. Phoenix had no idea what to say in response, he just had his mouth open with no words coming out. Luka sighed, dropping his little Hawaiian hat to the ground. He hung down on the tree branch so he could look at Phoenix. No escape.

"Pheo, it's June. Don't you think it's kinda time for you to stop acting in denial and just go for it. I've seen the way he looks at you. Are you scared he isn't gay or that he doesn't like you like that?"

The silence and the aversion of Pheonix's eyes said enough. Luka sighed and curled himself back up to the branch, setting himself up for a safe landing. Once he hadn't his own two feet back on the ground, he walked around and sat next to his older brother. He took his hat and placed it back on his head, right where it belongs. His curly dark spruce hair wasn't brushed, and the hat needed to tame it. Since Phoenix is clearly not going to talk, Luka had to keep the conversation going. Phoenix deserves to be happy, and he's happiest with that October guy.

"Look, you're an amazing person. You're kind and patient with everyone you meet. You're just kind of a coward and a little bit introverted. You're a dork. I know for a fact that Tyrome loves that dorky part about you. When I got to talk to him alone he was gushing about you. When I was adopted by the Matsumoto family he wouldn't shut up about how great of an older brother you'd be and how much he adores you. So if you think he doesn't like you, you'd be dead wrong."

Phoenix stared at the ground beaneath him, a cliché light breeze filling the air. Tyrome really thought that highly of him? Tyrome was a cheery upbeat man who is a mega extrovert. His fuzzy black hair and dark skin always was a great contrast to the brightness of his almost red eyes. He always wore something reminiscent of a 1930's movie and he always told these really cheeses jokes that you can't help but love. Phoenix is Head over heels for him. To hear all this... it made Phoenix so happy and so gay he felt like a character in a cartoon written by Rebecca Sugar.

"He really likes that about me?"

Luka smiled, seeing the hope shining in his older brother's eyes. He just nodded and he watched Pheonix look out to the sky. He was thinking, but Luka new exactly what he was going to do. Luka snickered when he saw him stand up with determination. He was going to do exactly what he wanted him to do. Any second now, he's going to proclaim that he is going to see Tyrome and go tell him that he loves him, only to chicken out the last second and come crawling back to Luka  morning Oren help with his confidence. Then Tyrome would follow him, hear everything, and ask him on a date.

"Then I'm going to tell him! No, I, going to ask him on a proper date this time! Just watch me, Luka!"

And there he goes. Luka stood up and waved him goodbye, leaning against the tree. He took his phone out of his pocket and looked through his text messages to his own boyfriend. They had a plan to get Tyrome and Pheo together. His boyfriend had convinced Tyrome to go and confess to Pheonix now. Perfect. Their plan is working. Luka laughed and put his phone away, feeling the gentle breeze against his face.

What a wonderful first day of Pride Month.

750 Words