X marks the spot

Hi. It's now been a year since I published this fic. Since then I've moved on to other (and hopefully less cringy) types of fanfiction. There's another Starx centered story called Masks that I just published, please go read that instead if you want more of an action-based plot, less grammar mistakes, and longer chapters.

love, frankie.

-

(Robin's POV)

Red X had been all over the city. For the last 3 days, he had been robbing banks, stealing xenothium, frightening old ladies.

And flirting with Starfire.

That's what I didn't like about X. He was a criminal, but also weirdly charming in a way. He was confident, easygoing, and free.

Exactly what I was not. 

I banged my head on the table repeatedly. Who was Red X? What was his motive? Why were he and I so alike, yet so different? My thoughts were interrupted by an alarm. "Crime alert." I mumbled. "It's probably X again. Titans, go!"

We got called back to the same warehouse where we first had fought X. "Split up" I said to my team. "I know he's here."

Starfire started to walk away, but I grabbed her by the arm. "Except for you, Star. We'll go together, we work better in a pair." I smiled at her.

"Little flirt" Cyborg mumbled. He din't know that this was a method of protection. I couldn't let X get Starfire alone.

After 10 minutes of looking, Beastboy came in on his communicator. He waned to call off the search. "Dudes, no one's here. It's probably a decoy." he said, yawning.

"Keep looking" I barked back at him. "If no one's here in 5 minutes, we'll leave." I snapped the communicator shut, without giving Beastboy a chance to reply.

"Are you ok, friend Robin? You seem the angry." Starfire put a hand on my shoulder.

"He always is, isn't he."  A metallic voice came the roof of the warehouse. He swung down, and threw his sticky X's at my mouth, making me unable to talk.

"Bird brain here is kinda stuck up, cutie. I think you can do better." He dodged Starfire's bolt, and teleported behind her. Beastboy, Cyborg, and Raven came running, ready to fight. Cyborg and Raven started attacking, but Beastboy just stood there like he was paralyzed, looking like he had an idea.

"Bye, traffic light. You caught me too late. And just remember kids, X marks the spot." He jumped with his stolen gold, and teleported. I turned to beastboy, fuming.

"What's wrong with you? You could've stopped him?" I yelled.

"I could've, but I know the bestest plan to win ever!" he smiled a big toothy smile.

"How are we supposed to think your plan is smart if you use the word 'bestest' in a sentence?" Raven remarked.

"Trust me, guys. We're gonna get Red X's identity" Beastboy pulled us into a football huddle. I couldn't believe I was listening to him.

He grinned again and looked at Starfire, almost laughing.

"And it's gonna be fun."

------------------------------

What is BB's plan? Find out in the next chapter!

Read my other books, "Kidnapped", and "teen titans one-shots!"

-----------------------------