Little Brother

[S P O I L E R]

Zephyr woke up to the sound of silence. It was quite in the whole house. There was nobody. She couldn't even hear her grandma preparing breakfast for her or her mom talking to her dad. That was unusual.
As she steps out of bed, she puts on her hair band. She then opens the door from her room, listening again. No, there surely wasn't anybody home.
Did she forget something? Was it too early in the morning? Neither of both could be possible, firstly because her mom would have woken her up and secondly the sun is already really high. There must be something else.

Being lost in thoughts, Zephyr slowly walks down the steps of their home. She arrives in the kitchen and sees a huge mess. The cups and bowls from dinner yesterday aren't cleaned, the chairs around the table aren't in place and her moms boots lay around. In the name of the gods, what happened here? Zephyr quickly leaves the house. Maybe someone burgle in? Or maybe here parents got kidnap? The scared girl decided to run to the big hall, hoping to meet someone who either could her or tell her what is going on.

As she arrived, she sees many people standing in the big hall talking. Something must have happen. As Zephyr tries to make her way to the centre of attention, many people smile at her and give her a friendly slap on the back. It was as if they would congratulate her on something. Has she forgotten anything again? Zephyr slowly started to panic. Everything felt so unreal. Maybe all of this was just a dream and in a few seconds she would wake up because of her mom kissing her on her cheek.

Zephyr's steps got slower and smaller the more she moved forward. She was scared but suddenly she heard a familiar voice. "Grandma?", she asked the person standing in front of her. As green eyes meet blue eyes, the little girl immediately feels relaxed.
"What is going on?" But instead of getting an answer, Valka slowly pushes her through the group of people who are standing around the chief's throne. On the throne sitting no other than her father, the chief of Berk.

His eyes were filled with pure happiness as he looked down on the bundle which he was holding in his strong arms. The arms which have been holding Zephyr since she has been born.

"Papa?"

Hiccup Haddock looks up from the bundle he was holding. "Zephyr", he says with a huge smile on his face, " you are here at exactly the right time." Zephyr was looking at her dad with huge eyes. What in the name of Thor is going on? " The gods have blessed us. Meet your little brother, Nuffink Haddock."