2 | another early birthday gift

The heavy scent of old perfume, synthetic and leather invades my nosestrils and that's all I need for my allergies to start

The heavy scent of old perfume, synthetic and leather invades my nosestrils and that's all I need for my allergies to start. I've never been fond of intense scents or odors so it's really nauseating to enter such a space. There aren't many people here at this hour and I'm thankful because I'd only grab my package and leave. Provocative outfits with chains, strings, satins are everywhere. Isles with sex toys and BDSM equipment and tools that I couldn't name are surrounding me. Basically, all the items that someone needs to satisfy their masochistic and sadistic tendencies are all in this very shop. I've been a loyal customer for about a year ever since I started working at a sleazy nightclub called Golden Closet so I get good discounts for the 'outfits' I purchase.

What can I do? I've got to pay bills and my tuition fees. A girl's gotta eat. It's not like I became an entertainer of the night willingly.

No one knows about this, not even Yoongi. I've been extremely discreet and private about this matter and I'd rather keep it that way. I don't want my friends to see me like that. It's enough that I'm struggling financially. I had to do something about it. The Golden Closet pays well, I managed to support myself over the past few months by saving and I got back on my feet. Now I'm just running a little low on cash because my payment has been slightly delayed. Good news is that I'm gonna receive it tonight.

"Where's my favorite girl!" says Joy, the saleswoman.

"You mean your favorite customer." I correct and she laughs. "It's nice to see you too." I add after a little.

"How the hell are you?" she asks. "It's been a while."

"I'm good Joy, I'm hanging on." I reply and we walk inside towards the cashier.

"You're always hanging onto something." She says. "I hope it's a dick for a change."

If I were drinking something, I'm pretty positive I would have spat it on the floor's glossy tiles.

"You still single?" She asks and I just nod. "Wow, are you at least getting laid?"

"I don't have time for a relationship J." I sigh. "Although I do have a couple of one night stands."

"I'm glad to hear that." She smiles and goes behind her desk. She bends down and grabs a white box with a silver ribbon tied into a bow.

I take a deep breath.

"Your design is ready." She smiles. "I really hope you'll like it."

"Of course I'll like it." I say. I don't have to see it in order to know that what she created for me is going to be amazing. Joy always pours her heart into her creations.

She claps her hands enthusiastically. "Open it!" She shrieks.

I remove the silver bow and open the lid. What's inside makes me suck in a breath.

I grab the sides of the most delicate corset. It's scarlet red with black lace decorating the seams. A black ribbon intertwines the entire thing. Under the breast area, the fabric turns a translucent shade of red increasing the sexiness of the lingerie. The bottom of it covers most of the butt cheeks and I'm so glad and relieved that Joy considered my comfort as well.

"It's beautiful." I say, my voice a little hoarse.

"This will definitely help you win extra tips." She says proud.

I go over to her and pull her into a tight bear hug. "Thank you so much!" I squeal.

"I know I'm the best." She says.

"Yes, you are." I agree.

"Okay, so I'll design your lingerie for when you get married." She says.

I nod excited and then I let her go. "Oh, yeah definitely."

"I'm happy you liked it darling."

"So how much?" I ask.

"Since your birthday is up in a couple of weeks, I'll give you thirty present off." She says. "Fifty bucks."

I prepare my wallet and I can hear her breathing like an angry bull.

"Bitch it's your freaking birthday." She tells me slightly annoyed. "Consider it an early gift."

Apparently everyone will give me my birthday gift before my actual birthday.

"Nope." I say popping the 'p'. "You always give me good discounts. I can't get away every time."

"That's what friends are for!"

I hand her a fifty dollar bill and she takes it. Then she tosses it in the cashier and then she bends down and grabs another box.

"I've had a feeling that you'd reject this gift so I got a backup gift." Joy chimes.

"Oh my God Joy." I mutter. "You really didn't have to."

"Yes, I did sis." She says. "I didn't have the time to fix you something so I just settled on buying for once."

I open the box and pull out a glossy black pair of corset stilleto heels. They totally match the scarlet corset.

"Here's a little something you can put to good use outside work." Jisoo smiles.

I grin. "I love them."

"Of course you do."

"I have to go now." I say.

"Okay, so are you gonna do anything for your birthday?" She asks.

"Dunno, maybe I'll take everyone out for a night at the Red." I say.

"Am I invited?" she inquires.

"Of course you are." I answer. "Why wouldn't you be?"

"Because you could get exposed or something." She mumbles.

I take a deep breath. "You're my sis J." I say. "Although if you do come I'd appreciate it if you kept my double life a secret and just be discreet."

"Anything you want babe."

"Thanks."

"Are you working tonight?" She asks after a while.

I nod. "Yes."

"Wear my masterpiece." She says in a commanding manner.

"Of course I will." I reply.

"Good, cause I sense something good happening."