C H A P T E R 12

- Unexpected.

DENYA

They were kissing, they were together,

like it used to be,

like it was supposed to be.

Jay looked annoyed and Dean shook his head, like he was disappointed. Klarisa her eyes was focused on me. She had a look of concern on her face. I'm not sure why because I was fine. We spent time with Ezra his friends turns out that the reason why Trina is here, is because he and Trina were friends since middle school. We Were having fun and Trina was sitting on Logans lap. I felt.... out of place.

Don't get me wrong, I was surrounded by great people some I don't even know the name of. But I'm sure that they were great people. It's just the feeling deep inside of me that was eating me little by little, and the voice that I was hearing inside of my head telling me that I'm not good enough. I think that it was the fact that I was the only one with a darker skin color or maybe it was because most girls here were skinny girls. I don't know what it was but I felt uneasy, out of place. I had the feeling that everyone was looking at me, I'm pretty sure that they weren't but it felt like it.

"You aren't making any sens."

"I know." I said to myself.

I sat down beside Jay and looked at my tights.

Maybe I should have stayed home. In the corner of my eye I saw Logan looking at me but I ignored him.

"I think I'm going to wander around." I tell Jay.

"You want me to come?"

"No." I said while smiling at him.

So know I was walking away from the group of teens about - to be - adults. It was getting late again so I took my phone and called my mother , she picked up and I was ready to apologize but to my supprise she asked me if I could stay for an other night at my friends house.

"Euh well I'm not sure, I'm I can ask but why? Are you okay mom?" I asked her worried.

My mom was in a rush and I could clearly hear that. "Yes sweetie I'm fine. Just don't come home today okay?"

"Yeah but mom-" she hung up on me.

I have always been the type to be worried about other. But I think right know I was beyond worried. Mom never acted that way maybe she just wanted to be alone with her husband I told myself, but why the rush then? It was also getting cold so I hugged myself for comfort. The sky went from being a light blue to a darker color, I couldn't  see the stars yet but I was looking forward to that. Watching the stars was always one of my favorite things to do.

"You shouldn't wander alone especially at night." I heard a voice from behind me so I turned my head and was  searching
for the source of the sound. Since it was quite dark I couldn't make out who it was. But then he came closer and I saw his dark raven hair and dark brown eyes.

"Oh hi Ezra. And I'm a big girl I can take care of myself."

He laughed. "Why are you here alone anyway."

"I like being alone."

"Not a way to live." He said laughing. The part of the beach where we were there wasn't alot of people so the sound of his laughter was louder then it would be with alot more people around. I smiled at him.
"You are quite the lonely type, aren't you mi amor." I looked  up at him and then looked infront of me again . "I guess so."

He was standing alot closer I could make out his features perfectly. He had this big scar beneath his jaw, it made me wonder what happend. Ezra had a smile on his face and touched his scar.
" It was just an abusive parent nothing more." Denya looked quite taken back.
" Just?"
"Yeah." He took his jacket and wrapped it around me. 
" Ezra I don't need your jacket I'm not cold."
"Yes you are." He also took my phone and walked away from me.  "Ezra give my phone back." What's up with guys taking things that don't belong to them. Seriously it getting annoying. He was now running back to the group again with my phone still in his hands. I got there and tried to take my phone back but Ezra was much taller then I was. He was holding my phone up with one hand, and I was standing on my tippy toes to grab my phone but it wasn't working.