Chapter 1 - The nightly life of an assassin

The voice ran into the earpiece connecting to the Boss, "You are late!" The Boss loudly bellowed at me, and I could only imagine the scowl that must be littered across his face and his nose flaring as he spoke. "Get back here at once or you'll be punished for the 3rd time this week!" Punishments resulted in off duty, and off duty meant be locked up in the tubes. Oh were the tubes horrible! The soldiers would take your weapons and handcuff you against a pole. Then the Doctor would appear. He was the scariest of the bunch, as he would stick things into your skin, making your body flare wildly. The Doctor would then stick the tube into the spine, knocking you out completely. Who knows what they do to you during that process, because the next thing you know you're back inside your 'room.' The room was more like a cell if you ask me.

The cell had a window showing the open void of space, but you couldn't even look out of it due to not being washed in probably a decade or two. Then you had your bed, but listen to me when I say this and take it to heart, you want to sleep on the floor rather than getting stabbed with broken springs. The beds were filled the brim with bugs crawling in and out, mostly with different species of bed bugs. The bugs would get you infected with serious diseases, and it wasn't safe to be around the people who were infected. The infected would be taken to the Doctor, but they were to never be seen after their bed bug incident. Only one person came back from being infected, and it was as if they never knew who they originally were.

 The bathrooms are appalling, just go to the bathroom on a mission without a second thought. Lastly, the glass door that acted like a one-way mirror, but even worse than what you can imagine. The glass on the outside of the room could look inwards, but on the outside everything was inverted and you couldn't tell if someone was present. This made doing certain actions like using the bathroom uncomfortable, but like what I said, go to the bathroom on a mission.

My mission was to take out a drug dealer on planet Gladius. When I was done, I took to sight seeing the planet before the Boss yelled at me. The mission was easy enough, the woman didn't have any idea that I was right behind her, let alone with my blade, Tizona, at the ready. I quickly slit her throat and fled the scene, hearing the battlecries of her guards once they notice that the dealer was dead, to 'Do not let anyone escape! Nobody leaves the camp without going through us!' The guards wouldn't catch me, because I was a highly trained assassin. I was trained in the arts of stealth since the mere age of 4, when the true training began for me. I was taught how to handle blades, bows and other items when I was 3. The Boss picked me up when I was young, but he was as close as a father as I could get at that moment. Even if they did attempt to catch me, each and every one of them would end up getting wiped immediately. Tizona would quickly injure them, her neon glow activating only when I yield her. Tizona is my trusty blade, and was gifted to me when I got to go on my first mission. 

He raised me to kill and only to kill. I can never feel emotion no longer, as if I did emotion it would cloud my judgement. If your judgement is clouded, well you're good as dead on the battlefield. I dodged the guards with ease, and let me ask you, why would you turn your back to the gate? That just seems impractical and would easily get you killed with you no longer able see what's behind you. That's why you keep your back to a wall, but whenever that's not available, you are on high alert. This man, however, did not follow any of that. A man asleep could do better than him, cowering in fear with your spear in hand. 

When I snuck up behind the man, he was whispering something in some different language that I could not understand. Maybe a prayer of some sorts to a god of his? I did not care to be stuck here any longer, so with ease I came up behind him and knocked him out. No use in killing a helpless man that couldn't even put up a fight if he tried, right? I looked out the gate, to make sure there were no guards remaining that could sound the alarm, and then fled into the open meadow, where the trees would shield me as I walk back towards my ship.