Chapter 5 - Whisperings of Radiance

I looked up at the sky, having walked around a mile from where I crashed. Night was quickly setting in, and the Blaze Lights were starting to come about. They fluttered around each other, twirling around the trees surrounding them. Their buds on the ends of them lightly flashed many different colors of the rainbow as they flew synchronized throughout the air, giving a performance to whoever entered the forest.

 It wasn't dark enough for their light to be very strong yet, so it would have to be a bit before they really shined. The Glowflies twirled around, leaving little particles flowing after them in their wake. One flew right by me, and I could see their curled antennae, it's beautiful blue wings dazzling me as it passed by me. The wispy form of a feline in the distance, most likely a Glisten Snarl, stalking its prey. 

Nearby there was a lake seen in the distance near the forest and there was a serpent twirling around creating wakes. It made its home here, and was the protector of planet Lumis. The protector of the deep will hear the calls of its people and creatures if a threat comes. It had done once before and disposed of the threat with grace and elegance. It shimmered as it flew up to the battleship, channeling the bio luminescence like no other creature of the planet and blowing a hole within the ship. 

The ship slowly was engulfed and blew into a glittery eruption that the Protector shielded them from. Many years later however, the Protector was found alive, swimming again in its domain. Once a year, there is a ceremony to celebrate the creature itself and what it had done for the planet. The bio luminescent beam of the Protector could be chalked up to something else, but that is what research has taught us so far.

This forest was called the Whisperings of Radiance. Every creature, no matter what it was or where it was from would end up with the bio luminescence of the forest. It was what happened in natural occurrence, and even I was experiencing its effects on me.

My skin, though normally a dull, diluted mixture of beige and at the tips of my fingers blueish purple. The color of my fingers while I wasn't transformed into something else was barely noticeable up close. Within the Whisperings of Radiance, my true colors were starting to be more pronounced. I glowed with the rest of the flora, creatures and whatever else lurked within the domain. My skin turned a bright orange, and my fingertips had turned to an iris color. My hair was the only thing that didn't seem to change, but it was forced to stay short because of the Scarlet's Raven's rules. No matter who you were, if you wanted long hair it had to be in a bun. My hair was not long enough to abide by their rule for buns, so my hair was forced to stay short.

Unlike most people that came through here, I felt the feeling of belonging towards the forest. My heart yearned to run alongside a Glisten Snarl chasing after the Glowflies in the cool night while the stars glittered over head. The Blaze Lights slowly coming out at night to appear before the moon was just barely up, welcoming it ever time it dared to peek its gaze above the cover of the trees around it.

I don't understand why harbor such feelings towards the forest, but that was close to emotion. As much as I would love to stay with the rest of the wonderous species here, and creatures yet to be discovered, I will need to return to base. That's my home as much as I would hate to admit it, it's where I grew up and where my memories exist. My communications to the Boss and the other channels were severed due to the crash, though I think it's mostly because the forest is blocking out the signals.

Who knew such a forest could take away any communications to the outside? It's almost as if it wants to keep those who come into the place to never return to the world around it. I thought it was unusual for base to be kept so close to a forest, though I think I'm starting to see why. The creatures wouldn't attempt an attack on the base as long as assassins and other people staying at the base would stay away. The creatures had limited interactions between assassins, but they peaked my curiosity. What if other creatures like the Tufted Machin we brought into this place? Would their wings and horns glow and transform into something else or would they not be affected by the change from coming into the forest.