Through the Mist

No one noticed when I opened the oak doors and made my escape. Except probably Charles. Poor thing.
No one gave me a second glance as I ran down the road toward this mystery man, my dress weighing me down. It was although I was invisible as well. That prospect frightens me. I have always feared that I would disappear into the night, unnoticed. After all, no one pays attention to the society lady with too many opinions and a marriage clock ticking away.
All I could hear as I ran was the clink of my heels as I ran down the cobblestone streets. It was a misty night and the mystery man has the quite the stamina. I seem to be losing him, the fog thickening and my vision getting blurrier the more I ran.
"Sir, sir!" I yelled at the man, hoping he would stop. My legs are becoming limp, curiosity my only fuel.
My vision gets blurrier.
"Sir..." the words sound slurred as my body starts to give up on itself.
"S-stop"I feel myself fall to the ground, the wet cobblestone dirtying my dress. My only thought before I fell unconscious was the hope that someone just anyone would save me.

Ha it's been a long time I just went through a really rough breakup that just tore me apart and I haven't had any motivation to write. I can't promise I'll write often, I'm just really trying to deal with the after affects and the mental damage that has been done. Thanks and vote, comment, and read my other stories. ❤️