*2*

"How was your cuddling session?" I couldn't help but break out into a laugh when I heard the first question that Mr Saul asked me when I walked into the room.

"There's nothing going on between me and Jason, you will have to understand that sooner or later." He rolled his eyes and I stuck my tongue out at him. He honestly was the only person, after Jase, Kent and Caroline, who took my shit and I loved him so much. Like I said, he was like a father to me.

"Okay, now let's get on to the serious stuff Tiffany. As you know, our rival company Stark Co. is leading the print media charts right now. It's not really affecting our sales, but it doesn't look good for our company as well."

"So, you are going to have to go on and interview the General Manager of Stark Co. that stays in Idra, New York. His name is Benji Fallon, or was it Gallon?" I laughed, "I really don't know, Tiffany. I hear he's a brute or something and he's very intimidating. Fear not because we got the owner to accept. He thinks what we are planning will bring him more publicity and it's happening. So you're going there this evening to gather all the details you can about their company. I mean, every single thing. The interview is for about four hours. That's the maximum time you have. Please do the best you can. I'll give you a month to stay in Idra, because you need to settle down before you begin your work. All expenses are paid of course."

I actually didn't know how to react. This Gallon guy sounded like he'd fucking rip me apart if he knew that the interview was a ploy to take down his company. And I'd have to leave HallesVille? It would be hard to just up and leave Ray here. I also have other things going on in my life, like my money issues. Thank goodness this trip is paid for.

"Tiffany? Any words?"

Uh, yeah. I'm so scared that I may not even make it back to see Jason or Ray. What about Caroline? And Kent? Ugh Mr Saul, you are wrecking my life. kind of.

"Sweetcakes I hate when you space out on me. I know it seems sudden but I really need your help. I know your potential and I trust you fully to do this for me. And since you've been so stubborn to not accept help for your financial issues, this trip is a way to raise your salary without making any excuses."

I sighed. "Fine, Mr Saul." He began to grin. He had the grin of a monkey, not that I'd ever seen that before. I just assumed monkeys grinned like he did. Stupid, I know.

"Great. I knew you'd help sweetcakes." Just as I was about to leave the office to go do my work, he said, "Oh, and you have approximately" he looks at his watch, "five hours to get your things ready and leave for the airport. Your flight is at 3 p.m today. Is that okay?"

I put on a smile. "Definitely."

***

fuck me.

I had to leave in less than five hours. Could my day get any worse? I mean, a heads up would have been nice. How am I supposed to reschedule my whole day for a trip that I might not even survive? This Gallon guy scared me a bit.

As I walked out of Mr Saul's office, I began to run my hand over my hair. I saw Jason sitting at the reception where he worked and I smiled. I began to remember what transpired between us less than thirty minutes ago. It made me blush, and I really didn't want to because getting my hopes up would probably end up badly.

It was like he felt me staring at him, because he looked up and slowed down his typing. He motioned for me to come over to where he was and I nodded.

okay, cheeks. you can quit blushing now.

I inched closer to where Jason sat but my cheeks decided to get redder and I started rubbing them. yes, I rubbed them.

When I got to the reception table that separated Jason and I, he stopped what he was typing and smiled at me.