*3*

hope you enjoyed the last chapter xD

*****

AFTER the awkward moment back at my apartment, the four of us -Carol, Kent, Jason and I- drove to the airport and it was quite uneventful.

Everyone was basically so quiet in the car and it felt really awkward, to say the least.

Well isn't today just a day of awkwardness!

We got to the airport two hours before the flight so that I'd do everything I needed to do in time. I really didn't want to mess this thing up.

Caroline dragged Kent with her to go get some ice cream for all of us, and I'm really grateful for that. I think she realized that Jase and I needed to talk.

After they left, it was just awkward. Very awkward. Another awkward moment to add to this day.

His hands were in his pocket and I think he was so nervous because he occasionally brought them out to run them over his long, blonde hair.

I just stood like a statue. Because really, what am I going to say?

Thank you for kissing me?

I've wanted to kiss you since I met you?

I really like you?

I mean, I couldn't say any of that. He finally broke the silence and said, "Any, look at me."

Oh, I wasn't looking at you? I had no idea. But I can't do that, because your eyes make me weak in the knees.

"Any." There was a begging time in his voice and I sighed, then looked at him. What I saw in his eyes were a mixture of hurt, sincerity and an emotion I can't quite decipher.

"I know I shouldn't have kissed you. Especially at a time like this. I mean, we are best friends and it would just ruin everything. It would make things weird and we'd have to do all those things that people who like each other do."

Was it possible to hear your heart breaking? Because I heard mine breaking right there.

"But," he said, then moved closer to me, "I wanted to kiss you, I don't know how we can work out feelings for the sake of our friendship but I want to. I want you."

Oh. "You're saying this like you've known I've liked you for a long time or something."

Surprise fills his expression. "You have?"

Stupid, stupid. He didn't need to know that!

"Well I didn't know about you having a crush on me for a long time, I just thought you did since you kissed me like that back at your house. I liked kissing you by the way."

My whole face turned red. "I liked it too."

He smiled so widely and it was so infectious, I couldn't help but smile back. He was so cute.

"So, what does this mean, Jase?"

He kept quiet for a while. "I don't want to ask you out here, in a stinky airport with creepy people all around us." I chuckled before he continued, "When you get back in four weeks, I'll do it right. I'll take you out on a wonderful date and I'll ask you to be mine."

I smiled and I didn't know what came over me, but I kissed him. It wasn't nearly as hungry as it was when we kissed at my apartment.

This kiss was slow and nice. I could get to used to it, really.

He pulled away and kissed my forehead. "Caroline and Kent are on their way and I don't think they'll believe if we tell them we were just talking with our lips on each other's."