Party

I hadn't been out of the hospital for 12 hours, but I was back to partying my ass off with my best friends. The acid was wearing off when we decided to go back to the hotel.

"Hey Emmie, you can have our room to yourself for the night, okay?" My best friend, Ella, said, as she clung to Emmitt, her boyfriend.

"Okay. Can you help me get there?" I asked.

"Miss. Emmie, is it? I can help you." A voice said.

"Oh, thank God."

"She's room 313 bro, thanks!" Emmitt said.

"Not a problem. Emmie, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?" The man asks.

"Go for it!" I tell him.

"Okay. Well, let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Noah. I am writing an article about Festival goers. What's your full name and age?" He asks.

"Emerald Jones, but I go by Emmie. I'm 18 years old."

"How long have you been attending these sort of events?" Noah questions.

"Uhm about 4 years."

"What about your family?"

"Well, they forced me into the hospital.. and then I was released this morning, but they were treating me poorly like normal, so I left." I explain.

He nods.

"Are you a vegetarian, by chance?" Noah asks.

"Nope!" I smile at him.

"Thank you for your time, dear. It is very appreciated." Noah tells me.

We get to my room, and Noah went on his way. A few moments later, I walked outside to smoke a cigarette. I was out near the road when Noah pulled up in an old pickup truck.

"Emmie, sweetheart. Are you okay? Do you need anything?" He asks.

"Nope, I'm good. I'm about to go back in, actually." I tell him.

"Before you do, I was wondering if I could possibly get a cigarette from you. I'm about to have a long drive home, and I'm really tired." Noah says.

"Sure!" I walk towards his truck.

He opens the door, and steps out to grab the cigarette.. but grabs my wrist instead. Adrenaline kicked in, and I kneed him in the groin. I began to sprint as fast as I could, but fell, wheezing and unable to move from the panic I was feeling.

"Don't be afraid, darling. I'm just trying to bring you home." Noah tells me, stuffing a cloth into my face.

As I begin to fade out, a voice came back to me. It sounded just like my mother.

This is what happens when you run off, Emerald.