Welcome

Taylor brushes my short hair back when I step out of the tub, and hands me a pair of orange sweats and a black shirt.

"Mom's baking some cookies downstairs, it's Gabe's birthday." He tells me.

"Am I..oh wait, I'm sorry." I say, remembering the no questions rule.

"It's okay sweetheart. You're my wife, you're joining us. I spoke to Gabe, and he said he has forgiven you, but I suggest you apologize yourself." He reassures me.

I lean over and kiss his cheek, he pulls me in for another hug.

"I love you and I'm sorry." I mumble.

"You were scared. It's new. I forgive you sweetie." Taylor tell me.

I smile, and he takes my hand. We walk downstairs and the smell of cookies fills my nose. I didn't realize how hungry I was until the smell hit me.

"Eat your dinner, then you can have a cookie." Taylor whispers.

I pile food onto my plate, and sit next to Lindsay.

"Happy birthday, Gabe." I tell him.

"Thanks Emmie, how are you feeling?" He questions.

"Hungry as ever. I just wanted to apologize to all of you for my behavior.." I start.

"Oh sweetie, it's okay. Jenny tried to run off a lot, and Lindsay bit Gabe a few times. But I'm glad to see you know this is where you belong." Noah says.

I smile at all of them, then greedily stuff my face with food, until I'm no longer hungry.

"Emmie, go upstairs. I'll help clean this up." Taylor tells me.

I lean up to kiss him and run up the stairs.

This is my family. The only ones who have ever protected me from the outside world.