Edge

"Jenny! Dylan's home!" I hear Noah yell when he enters the house.

"My baby!" She drops her spatula, and runs over to a small freckle faced preteen.

"Jeez Mom, I was only gone for a month.." he says.

"Dylan, this is Emmie, Taylor's girl. Emmie, this is Dylan, my youngest son." Noah introduces us.

"Nice to meet you." I say.

"You too." He mumbles.

"How was your trip to uncle Charles house?" Noah asks.

"Fine. We hunted a bit, but not a lot of people came out that way. Tommy always got to them first." He informs us.

I feel myself start to gag. Even the little boys of the family were in on this.

Who cares? You're getting out of here tonight. The voice of reason says.

"Well, we're about done outside. Dylan, you go wash up. I'll send Gabe and Taylor in. Girls, I hope dinner's about done. You have 4 hungry men to feed around here, 5 if you count little Jared." Noah says.

"Sure thing honey!" Jenny tells him, planting a kiss on his cheek.

Dylan goes upstairs and I hear a door slam, then I turn to Jenny and Lindsay.

"So, how old is Dylan?" I ask.

"He's 15 now, and growing up way too fast."

"Who is Charles?"

"Oh that's Noah's brother. He has two sons- Jimmy and Tommy. Tommy and Dylan are around the same age, Jimmy will be 20 soon." Lindsay says.

"When you've settled in a little better, maybe we can go see them." Jenny says.

"That sounds wonderful." I mumble.

Great, more cannibals.

Soon, dinner was done and everybody was gathered around the table.

"Gabe, you know old Mrs. Deloan finally passed away, right?" Noah asks.

"I had no clue." Gabe says.

"The house is vacant, and given that Taylor has Emmie, I think you and Lindsay should considering looking into it. We're running out of space around here, and who knows? Maybe Emmie and Taylor will be the next one with a little boy." Noah tells him.

I feel myself start to gag. I could be pregnant already, and there was no way I wanted to have a baby with Taylor.

"Thanks Dad, I'll go check it out after dinner." Gabe says.

"Sure thing son, Emmie how are you?" Noah asks.

"I'm doing well.." I mumble.

"Sweetie, you're gonna have to speak up." Taylor says.

"I'm doing fine." I say a little louder.

"Glad to hear it. Well, Jenny and Lindsay how would you say she's adjusting?" Noah asks.

"Pretty well I think." Jenny says.

"She's a big help around the house!" Lindsay chimes in.

"I'm so relieved to hear it." Taylor says, squeezing my hand.

I fake a smile and turn back to my disgusting meal of human flesh & green beans.

"You gonna eat it tonight, or are we gonna have to deal with your yellin'?" Gabe asks.

"Gabe, knock it off. It's all very new to her still." Noah tells him.

I finally decide to shove the meat in my mouth as quick as possible.

"Good girl." Taylor whispers in my ear, squeezing my hand.

"Thanks."

Bed time couldn't come soon enough.