t h i r t y s i x

Chapter Thirty Six:

Stan didn't know how to make the ultimate decision, but he knew he still had at least a few more years to figure it out, even if he felt like the world was collapsing more and more around him with each passing day.

Hom held his head up high as he walked through the halls, everyone gossiping and talking about him as he passed by. A few even spitting at his feet or shouting out slurs at him. No teacher would help or defend him. They were nearly just as bad as the students. Everyone except his friends seemed to want to see Hom hurt these days.

And even then, he supposed there were a few in the losers club who thought he deserved it for what he did to Beverly, and the way he'd left her heart broken. It had been a while since Hom went out to the creek to meet up with the rest of the losers club. Usually, he spent his days walking around town with Stan. And he supposed they didn't really meet up all that much since they'd all defeated It. There didn't seem to be much of a reason to. And exams were approaching quickly. They needed to get in their study time before it was too late.

But today was the day that Henry Bowers finally struck. Today was the day his father had finally given back his beloved hunting knife, and had ungrounded him. Today wad the day that Henry Bowers didn't have to hurry on back to the farm after school. Today was the day that he finally got what he wanted.

Blood swished past his ears  as his anger rose, just staring at Hom frantically writing away at his desk.

The bell clanged.

And at last it was time for Henry to strike. Hom wasn't going to get away. And Henry was going to finish off that lovely cut on his cheek. Hom was going to get what that filthy fag deserved. Hom was going to get everything he'd been asking for these past few days. Henry was going to beat him to a bloody pulp, pull Hom's limp body from the sidewalk, then repeat the process all over again.

Henry and the rest of his friends were waiting just outside the doors, waiting for Hom to emerge. Henry checked his watch. He knew that the rest of the doors were locked. All students had to come out of the doors from the front. Hom would come out any moment now.

Henry tapped his foot against the ground and checked his watch, he fantasized about all the ways he would hurt Hom. He thought about everything he would do to him and his stupid friends once they came through those doors.

Hom came out to see a face he hadn't seen in quite a while. He tried to rack his brain, thinking of the last time Henry had tormented him. Then he remembered the small scar just along his cheek. Hom remembered many things that had previously escaped his mind. He remembered that there had been a few days when Henry had left him alone. And he also remembered that there were a few days when he could see Henry glaring at him, obviously wishing he could do more evil to Hom.

Hom quaked with fear at the very sight of him, waiting just beneath the trees, in the shade. Henry smiled a smile of pure villainy. And Hom knew that he wouldn't be able to escape this one. He knew he wouldn't get out of the pure torture that Henry was planning for him.

"Hey Hommie." Henry greeted him in a voice of fake friendship. Henry even waved. Hom tried to keep walking. He knew he couldn't escape whatever Henry was planning to do to him.

Henry laughed. "Where are you going Hommie? We just want to hang out!" Henry called to Hom, who was now running at full speed down to the creek. His chest heaved and he felt himself getting more tired. His legs ached. Then he remembered that the losers weren't meeting here. They hadn't met down here in ages.

No one would save him this time.

No one would help him.

Hom was completely doomed.

Henry laughed as he and his friends quickly chased down Hom, catching up to him before he even realized what was happening. Henry grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back. He and his friends all laughed. It seemed like such an innocent laugh. Hom realized that their laugh would sound the exact same had they been laughing at a knock knock joke.

But this laugh was more sinister.

This laugh was complete evil.

Hom spat at him, as Henry lifted Hom up off the ground. This only made him angrier as a wad of Hom's spit landed on Henry's shirt. The smile disappeared from Henry's face in a single moment.

"You think you can fight me?" Henry asked, sounding more like the joker than an actual highschool student.

Henry pulled his knife from his jean pocket, and with a quick flick of his wrist, the blade revealed itself.

"I'll make your life a living nightmare." Henry threatened, although it sounded like more of a statement than a threat.

Henry dropped him, and the rest of his friends held Hom down.

Hom felt the wet dirt soak the back of his shirt. His heart rate picked up and he started panicking. He didn't know whether he should fight back, or let Henry have his way with him. He decided to fight back.

This only made them grip his arms harder. Hom felt them start to bruise his arms and legs. They laughed at him as tears began to fall down his cheeks. He couldn't face this. He couldn't let them do this.

Hom knew he was doomed as Henry leaned down over him, and dangled the knife in his face.