chapter 4

Joe and Lucy are in front of us. We freeze and turn red whilst they're both laughing at our reaction. Ben pulls himself together and starts talking:

"Joe, Lucy what are you doing here? Why didn't you let me know you were coming?"

"Umm we called you for like ten times but you didn't pick up." Joe says still trying to calm himself down from laughing.

"Oh. I'm very sorry then." says Ben.

"Whatever. So......what were you guys doing?" asks Lucy with a cheerful and curious voice.

Ben and I look at each other distractedly. I try to communicate with him with my eyes but our relationship (i guess?) is new so we haven't improved our eye contact yet. We both keep saying "umm" for a while and Joe stops us:

"Okay so I'm gonna try to make this easy for you guys. They were KISSING, Lucy. I think it was a french one as a matter of fact." Lucy starts laughing.

"It wasn't a french kiss! Was it Ben?" I say excitedly. 

"It was a long one and it was passionate but I don't think it was a french kiss."

Eventually Lucy starts talking to me:

"I haven't met you in person Sky. Joe told me about you and how much Ben liked you. It's good to meet someone who can make him happy. I'm pleased to meet you."

"It's really nice to meet you, too Lucy! Oh god, you're flawless. I'm super excited right now." I take a breath, smile and keep talking: "The thing between me and Ben is completely new. I don't know if we're gonna be 'something' but I really love being with him and I really like you guys, so I hope we can keep in touch even if this thing between us doesn't last."

"Sure! We all would like to know you better no matter what happens. I don't think Ben's gonna let you go though. The way he kissed you was pretty lovely."

My cheeks turn red and I smile to Ben. However, he looks at me a little sad.

"Anyways guys! We came here to invite you to the dinner tonight with us. Rami and Gwilym will be there, too. By the way, we don't take 'no' as an answer." Joe says fastly. "As I can see, you're a little busy and you might get even busier (he blinks at us) so we should go. See you tonight!" 

Lucy and Joe leave Ben's house and we stay in silence for a few minutes.

"What did Joe mean when he said we might got busier?" Even though I understood what he meant I want to know if he understood it in the same way.

"Well......you know what comes after a kiss." says Ben with a smirk.

"I'd love to do that." I say and move closer to him. He bites his lips and puts his hands around my waist. His lips move closer to mine and I move far away from him abruptly.

"But you know I need to get ready for the dinner, so...we might do that 'thing' later."

"Yeah yeah sure. Whenever you want." he says but at the same time I can see that he's trying to move further and not start a new kiss. He keep talking with a low voice:

"You said Lucy that we might get seperated from each other. Are you thinking about that already?"

Ohhhhhhhhh. He misunderstood me.

"No, I didn't mean that." I say with a soft voice. "I honestly love you but it's also weird that we became that close in such a short time you know. I feel like nothing can be that perfect. Also, anything might happen anytime."

"I feel you Sky. I appreciate your explanation. I wasn't angry. I was just a little sad because I feel the same about you. We've just met yesterday but I want to be with you all the time."

"Same. I'd say let's take things slow but actually let's just be in the moment and do whatever we want at anytime we want. Is that okay for you?" 

"Sure, I totally agree with you." 

Then I leave to get ready and I'm happy that I didn't leave him with misunderstandings. Nothing is clear at this point but at least our communication is getting good. I feel like I might do a mistake at any time because my feelings for him are too much for me to handle and there might be no way to control them. But fuck all of these, I love him with my whole heart and that should be the strongest and most important thing right now.