Order up! (Starco week 5, day 7)

Prompt: AU of choice
It's the last day qwq
Thank you guys for all the feedback and comments!!
They mean so much to me :DDD
Anywayss
Here's the classic coffee shop au :3
It's a continuation of the chapter "Star and Marco's Cafe" btw
Enjoy!!

"Order number 667 for Kelly!" Star called out, placing a cappuccino with a picture of a sword in the middle of the cream on the counter.

"Wow, you guys are doing pretty well with our café huh?" Kelly marveled, glancing around the whole café amazed by the number of customers. 

"Yep!" Star cheerfully replied, hurrying off to finish another order.

"Tell Tad thanks by the way! If you guys hadn't given us your café we wouldn't have gotten such great sales!" Star added, spraying fluffy whipped cream over a piece of toast.

Kelly pouted and crossed her arms, "You can tell him yourself but I am not talking to him,"

Before Star could reply, Marco called from the kitchen.

"Star! Ponyhead broke the blender!" Marco yelled, sparking a loud outburst.

"WELL I'M SORRY IF THAT THING KEEPS EXPLODING AND RUINING MY MAKEUP!!!"

"You forgot to put the lid!!" Marco retorted back.

"IT'S HARD TO REMEMBER OK?!?"

Star sighed in annoyance.

It was honestly a miracle that Ponyhead wasn't fired yet.

"Hold on for a moment Kelly," 

"I'm coming!!" Star yelled back.

---

"Thank goodness we've been making a lot of money or else I don't think we'd ever be able to replace all the stuff that Ponyhead broke," Marco said, cleaning up the last bit of juice from the counter.

"Hah, yeah," Star replied, peering over to a very pouty and annoyed Ponyhead.

"Yeah, and it's a miracle that Earth Turd even became your boyfriend like, gurl? Are you sure this is what you want?" She asked quizzically, eying a very flustered Marco scrubbing a little too quickly on the counter.

"Yes Ponyhead, I'm sure," Star's face was red as well but she was able to ignore her little remark a bit better than him.

Having known Ponyhead's antics for several years came in handy at times like this.

"Thanks for coming by to check, by the way, Kelly!" Star changed the subject quickly, hoping for Ponyhead to stop teasing them constantly.

"Hey, it's no problem," Kelly replied, sipping her cappuccino.

"Wow, this stuff is good, what's your secret ingredient?" Kelly's eyes glowed like stars when she tasted the delicious beverage.

"A true chef never reveals her secret ingredients," Star replied, flipping her hair with dramatic flair.

"Obviously, she's just used magic to spice it up," Marco answered, flashing a playful grin at Star.

"Oh, you!" Star hit him in the arm, knocking his chef hat right off.

Kelly sighed, adoring how they could have such a strong relationship with each other.
What she'd give to have that with someone...

"Hey," a nonchalant voice called from the doorway, a demon Prince walking by her side.

"Oh hey, Janna!" Star excited bounced over to the cashier.

"The usual?"

"Yep," Janna replied.

"Okay~ And how about you, Tom?" She asked.

Tom was absolutely dumbstruck by the number of choices on the menu.

"Well...I am feeling pretty adventurous today...I'll have a...Sugarito? And a plain dark roast coffee." He replied after a moment.

"Ok! Extra sugar on the Sugarito?" Star asked, keying in the orders.

"Uhh, sure??" Tom replied, hoping for the best.

"Ok! That leads up to... $6.50!" She handed the receipt to them.

"What?? That's so cheap!" Tom gasped as Janna slid her $2 bill on the counter.

"You guys get the friend discount," Star whispered with a wink.

"Nice," was all Janna replied with.

"Ditto," Tom agreed.

---

"Hey, Starfan13?? You doing ok?" Marco asked with genuine concern as he peered at the passed out girl from the counter.

"Must...try...more...DRINKS!!!" She answered before passing out onto the table again.

"Hey Star? Maybe you should lessen the sugar in your drinks," Marco said, gesturing at the poor girl.

"Yeahhh...that's a good idea," Star replied, a sheepish smile growing on her lips.

---

"Phew! Another day done huh?" Star said, turning the sign over so it said, "Closed".

"Yup, and we only burnt 8 toasts and broke one blender! That's a new record!" Marco added, gaining a groan from Ponyhead.

"Next time I'll choose a job with less Earth Turds and evil machines," she mumbled to herself.

"How long do you think we can keep this up?" Star asked as they walked home, hand in hand, the bright sunset fading into the dark night in the background.

"Well at least until college? Or whenever your parents tell you to come back to Mewni to rule I guess," his eyes became a little downcast at the thought.

"Hey, don't worry! We still got time! So let's make the best of it!" Star replied cheerfully, causing Marco to grin a bit too.

"Ugh, you guys are the cheesiest," Ponyhead butted in, floating straight through the both of them.

All they did was chuckle to themselves.

"Haha, I guess we are." Star replied with a smile.