Mommy and Me

Ryoubi readjusted Y/N in her arms, and sighed. 'I can't believe I agreed to go this stupid ass meeting...' She thought, glancing around. She had been persuaded to join a 'Mommy and Me' get together, where mothers met up to converse, and do activities with their children. A middle aged woman with black hair pulled into a bun sat next to Ryoubi, and flashed her a smile. In her arms was a little girl, most likely no older than two years of age. "First time?" She asked Ryoubi, taking her stand offish aura as nervousness. "Huh? Oh, yeah." Ryoubi replied. The woman smiled, and shifted in her seat a little to face Ryoubi.

"This is Miyo. What's his name?" She asked. "Y/N." Ryoubi replied, and the woman nodded, then realized something. "You're so young... are you...?" She trailed off, and Ryoubi rapidly shook her head. "No, no! I'm his adoptive mother." She explained, and the woman sighed in relief. "Oh, good... Sorry, I didn't mean to assume." She apologized, her smile returning. "Miyo is one and a half years old, how old is Y/N?" The woman asked, and Ryoubi sweatdropped. 'Shit! I don't know how old he is!' Ryoubi thought, then came up with a random number. "He's seven months." She told the woman, who looked surprised. "He's... quite big, isn't he?" She asked in astonishment, and Ryoubi laughed nervously. "Yeah, he is..." She replied.

As the two conversed, a few more mothers showed up, varying in age, and appearance. There was one extremely young woman much too young to be considered an adult, an older woman with a four or five year old, and the last was another middle aged woman with her son that looked to be no more than three months. 

Ryoubi glanced at the young woman, who was looking around the room anxiously. She seemed skittish, and not too keen on human interaction. She noticed Ryoubi looking at her, and flinched. Ryoubi raised a brow, and realized she had been glaring. "Sorry, that's just my face." She laughed, trying to play the awkward moment off. The young woman laughed quietly, and gave her a shaky smile. "Okay, everyone! Let's get started with some introductions!" A lady called as she walked in. She looked like a kindly elderly woman, wearing a warm smile and big, rounded glasses. She looked around for a few seconds, then pointed at Ryoubi. "Would you like to introduce yourself and your child?" She asked. Ryoubi thought it over, then decided, 'Eh, why the hell not. I'm stuck here for fours every day for the next month.' 

"Um, my name is Ryoubi, and this is my adoptive son, Y/N." Ryoubi said, bowing afterwards. The women waved and did the typical "Hi, Ryoubi and Y/N."  After she sat down, she watched the next woman step up, which was the woman she talked to first. 'What is this, some kind of therapy session?' She thought, exasperated as she watched woman take their turn introducing themselves. 

Once that was over, the elderly woman led the mothers to a wide open area that had a few stations. There was one for the kids to play, another had mats for the pair to exercise on, and another that had kid friendly snacks, as well as a TV that played cartoons. Ryoubi took Y/N over to the mats, and flipped through the book provided. "Let's see..." She mumbled as her eyes scanned the pages. Shrugging after a few seconds, she sat Y/N in front of her, and started doing some push ups. She was doing great at first, but her assets  started to weigh her down. Straining to keep herself upright, she eventually face planted onto the mat, and groaned. Y/N chortled at the sight, and Ryoubi smiled a little. 

The elderly woman approached with a wide smile on her face. "He seemed to like that!" She chuckled, then noticed that Ryoubi's breasts were squished against the floor. She stared in astonishment when the young woman sat up, showing their true size. "Wow... how did you manage that?" The elderly woman asked, and Ryoubi chuckled, turning away. "*Sniff* I wonder..." 

After making Y/N laugh for at least ten minutes, Ryoubi took him to the cartoon station, and sat him on a cushion. Laying on her side behind him, she watched the cartoon as well, surprisingly entertained. The cartoon was simple enough, but something about it caught her eye. Since the cartoon was most definitely made in Japan, there was a lot of Japanese architecture, and scenery. 

But Ryoubi knew the cute characters prancing around in a garden were a simple red herring to what stalked them from the trees. Two narrowed white eyes glared at the characters, then faded into the darkness of the leaves. Ryoubi could feel herself lean forward as she anticipated what she could feel was about to happen. The leaves rustled, and a person dressed in black landed in front of the characters. He was wearing all black clothing, with nothing showing but his eyes. A very recognizable style to Ryoubi's trained eye. A Shinobi. 

Ryoubi could already picture what conflict would arise from the confrontation, letting her sadistic side slip out of her ever so slightly. But instead of brutal combat, or bullying, the Shinobi waved to the characters, who waved back. "Ah! It's Mister Ninja! What did you find today?" The female character asked, and the Shinobi pulled out a brown sack, revealing what he had found. Ryoubi sighed in disappointment, then scolded herself mentally for expecting something so dark in a kids' show. Only after that did she notice that Y/N was staring very intently at the TV, specifically at the Shinobi character. She swore she could see a glint of admiration in his eyes, but she could only see so much from his side. 'Hm... maybe he was born to be a Shinobi.' She pondered, then shook her head. 'Then again, both of his parents were anything but sneaky. Especially his mom.' She thought, then shrugged. 

But of course, Y/N started to get fussy, and Ryoubi knew what that meant. Necessities for little Y/N were 3/4 milk. For some reason, he really only needed to be changed once or twice a day. Knowing from the smell around him he didn't need to be changed, she scooped him up, and began feeding him. The first woman she talked to sat next to her with Miyo in her lap, and turned to Ryoubi. "You can feed him?" She asked, and Ryoubi tried to think of an excuse. "U-Uh- I- well, my body is a bit unique." She explained. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't entirely true, either. The woman seemed to buy it though, and smiled warmly. "I see. I can't really feed Miyo that way... she bites too much." The woman joked, and the two shared a laugh.

Eventually, it was time to disband, and go home. Ryoubi waved goodbye to the other women, deciding she would be first to leave. 

On the way back to the academy, Ryoubi noticed a familiar group of young women, and tried to fast walk by without being noticed. But the trained eyes of the young women caught her, and they called out. "Ryoubi-San. How are you?" Asked a cool, soft voice. Ryoubi stopped in her tracks, sweating bullets. "Uh... great. Everything is just... great." She replied, trying not to freak out. "From your voice it sure don't sound that way." Yozakura commented, and started to approach the brunette. Putting her hand on her shoulder, Yozakura turned Ryoubi to her face her, and gasped.

"W-Who is that?!" She exclaimed, and Ryoubi flinched. The rest of the group rushed over, and were now staring in awe at the bundle in her arms. On the verge of a mental breakdown, Ryoubi took a few deep breaths, then cleared her throat. "Well, you see..." She started, then explained everything. 

After doing so, she looked at her friends, who had VERY mixed reactions. Yumi only looked concerned, probably for Y/N. Minori was speechless, and just stared at Y/N in awe. Murakumo was pinching the bridge of her nose through her mask, most likely exasperated, or still trying to wrap her head around the thought that this baby was her friend not too long ago. Shiki was taking... god knows how many pictures, squealing with delight. Yozakura was just in utter shock, her jaw hanging from her face. 

"Um... I know it's a lot to take in, but I have to get back to Hebijo." Ryoubi told them, then remembered something. "Uh, I already told the Hanzo squad about this... and I want to tell it you guys too." She started, catching the girls' attention. "I can't take you guys with me into the academy, but I can take him out  to you guys if you want to see him... I know how everyone has gotten really attached to him, so it's the least I could do until he goes back to normal." She finished. Yumi nodded in understanding. "I see. Those terms will work nicely. Perhaps we could meet sometime, with everyone?" She asked as she wiggled her fingers in front of Y/N who tried to grab them. "Sure. Until then." Ryoubi replied, waved goodbye to the group, and set back on her path to Hebijo.