The Old Past And The New Raptor

Owen's POV

As soon as Surge got off me, he fell over unconscious and started to take rapid shallow breaths. My first thought was that he was choking on something so I checked that he wasn't and good news he's not choking, bad news he definitely has something wrong with him if he just passed out like that so decided to call the hospital to get one of them to come take a look at him while he was unconscious of course otherwise he would be a danger to the doctor, as I'm talking on the phone to the doctor I look out the window to see Blue sitting beside Surge her head on the ground while Delta Echo and Charlie are all In distress and are all constantly screeching at anyone who moved on the walkway above the paddock I hated to see my raptors in distress but hopefully it would soon all be over and all will be well, but as most of my life has been nothing but bad luck and disasters I'm guessing it's not going to be a happy ending. I began to wonder how much my raptors trust me because I used to think that they trusted me a lot but that was before Surge had attacked me. Then again Surge might have been remembering when he got attacked and nearly killed by Hoskins and his men. "Owen.... Are you there" said the voice on the phone reminding me that I was on the phone "......yes I'm here sorry I was just......thinking about my raptors... so what were you saying" I reply? "I was just asking if you wanted me to come over or do you want to bring him here" asks the voice on the phone. "I'd rather you come here so I wouldn't have any.... Problems" I reply think of all the things that could happen if I take Surge to the doctor and the thought of it all made him shiver. "ok I'll be there in 20 minutes" says the voice on the phone, "wait what's your name" I ask quickly before he hang ups the phone. "my name is Alexander Lopez Griffin" replies Alexander. "ok see you soon Alexander" about 25 minutes later, a car pulled up next to the paddock and a guy I assume to be Alexander got out of the car and ran to the top of the paddock to look for me but didn't notice I was in the paddock comforting Blue. "down here!" I yelled up to him getting his attention. "are you Owen Grady" yells Alexander in response, "yes come down here" I reply. "are you mad? those are velociraptors down there and you want me to get in there with them? and why aren't they attacking you? Alexander yells. "yes I want you to come down here and check to see if there is anything wrong with Surge and to answer your question they're not attacking me because they trust me and I trust them and they would never attack their alpha... well except for Surge but he had a reason to" I reply. "and what would that reason be?" Alexander asks as if expecting an answer that involved animal cruelty. "a recent event happened, and he ended up nearly dying and are you going to come down here anytime soon or are you going to let Surge get worse?" I reply. "after I ask one more question" he replies, "yes, they are dangerous but they won't hurt you unless I tell them to, did that answer your yet to be asked question?" I say before he can ask the question. "I can tell you have been asked that many times" says Alexander. "too many times" I reply, he just laughs at that then comes to the gate of the paddock he presses the green button before I can say not to, all of the sudden we hear a squeal of a pig then we see it running through the paddock trying to get to the trap door but before it can Echo chases it and grabs it in her teeth "echo no let go of the pig!" I yell. Echo growls a bit at me before letting go of the pig and watching it go through the trap door to safety. "that's the button that releases the pig the one that opens the door is the one with the picture of the door on it" I say. "right ok I'm coming in" he says before he pushes the button, the gate opens and Alexander walks into the paddock and crouches down next to Surge before checking starting to check pulse and stuff like that, about a minute or two later she stops, "what exactly happened in the event he nearly died in?" he asks. "is that really important right now?" I ask, "yes it is I think I know what's wrong with him but I need to know what happened in that event to confirm it, so what happened that nearly killed him?" he asks. "a guy named Hoskins attacked and took Surge then tried to get Surge to follow his orders, but when Surge didn't respond to the orders he would send someone in to break one of surges bones. After 15 hours Surge had 6 broken bones, then we got to Surge and Hoskins was holding a pistol to his chest and told us not to move or he'll shoot. Blue charged Hoskins before I could tell her not to so Hoskins shot and nearly killed Surge, we all thought he was dead until we got to the hospital and they found his heart beating. Surge was in hospital for a week before he woke up and even then he still he wasn't fully recovered, so Surge was in the hospital for a week and two days in total before he got back here today and then this happened does that confirm what you thought was wrong with?" I say. "I'm afraid so" "why are you afraid that it does, is it really bad?" I ask. "Surge has PTSD that stands for post-traumatic stress disorder and yes it is really bad it means he'll get flash back about his that event and start seeing things that that involve that event so my guess is that he heard or saw something making him pass out" he says. "how do you fix it?" I ask, "you don't it's permanent unless you somehow he somehow suffers a different event that is even worse but somehow doesn't give him PTSD he won't have it anymore and the chances of that happening is pretty low so good luck and bye" she says as Surge starts waking up. Alexander runs back to the car and drives off. "Blue you can explain what's wrong with Surge I'm going back up to the top.

-----time skip 1 year-----

I found out recently that there was an experiment that could turn me into a raptor so I would be getting experimented on in 8 minutes. "Owen Grady" says a guy in a white lab coat after 3 minutes I walk into the room and sit on the chair he grabs a needle off the table and says "this will hurt a little" I prepared myself as he injects the needle into my arm. I thought I was prepared for the pain but nothing could have prepared me for the amount of pain that I now feel. As my body starts to gain scales I start to feel my bones snap and reshape then connect back together again once he pain stopped I got up fell over and then tried getting up again but this time readjusting my stance before walking to the mirror to look at myself but when I got to the mirror I noticed something that I don't think was meant to happen my spine was sticking out of my back and what surprized me was that it didn't hurt so I guess it would have to do at least I was a raptor now I turn around to look at the doctor "thank you" I chirp at him then I turn around and sprint out of the room to go to my raptors to give them the good news.

Surge's POV

It's been a year since I first found out that I have PTSD and to be honest I hate it I always pass out because of it and it just annoys me I feel useless because of it. I know how to fix it but I don't want to suffer more pain then the I did with Hoskins because what Hoskins did to me was enough to make me have nightmare every night. We were all waiting for Owen to start the training but he wasn't here yet and he was supposed to be here 2 hours ago, so we were all beginning to get worried. "Charlie, Echo, Delta, Blue, Surge come here I have good news for you!" it was Owen but it sounded different. We all raced over to the area we do training but we see a black raptor with blade like bones sticking out of its back and a gold stripe going from its neck to its tail, in the paddock with us "it's me Owen I got experimented and got turned into a raptor so I could talk to you guys and communicate to all of you" Owen says. "does this mean your living with us from now on?" we all ask excitedly, "yes it does and yes I am still your alpha" Owen replies.

Authors notes: thanks for reading i hope you have enjoyed. please leave a comment and have a good day. i will see you in the next chapter bye