This Could, no, Will Work!

Their school, Britannia Academy, was a very wealthy school. For instance, two siblings named Harlequin and Diane were part of a family that managed a national forest. They were loaded. Elizabeth Liones' father was a literal king of a country. 

Jericho, on the other hand, only got in because the legacy of her brother Gustaf was still talked about by her teachers, and her own fencing skills. They were crossing their fingers she would live up to his legacy. No money was involved.

"Why can't you be more like him?"

"Stop chasing dreams!"

"If you think that you can follow in my footsteps, you're wrong."

That one really hurt. She wanted to have good grades and to at least enter the world championships for fencing. But her family putting her down all the time was exhausting. 

Gustaf didn't believe in her abilities, although she was shaping up to become just as good as him. The pressure was suffocating though. Her brother had left multiple championships in his wake.

Now everyone's eyes were on her. She was so close to matching him in skill, and he was proud and hateful at the same time. He would simultaneously put her down while praising her efforts. It was confusing.

So Jericho would cry herself to sleep every night, and her studies started to matter less and less. Who cared about studying when she could be training?

But someone made her try a little, even as her grades stayed at sad C's and D's.

Her teacher Ban.

He was charismatic, young, and handsome. He also taught the Holy Knights sometimes, the fencing team she was part of. He was the only one who could match her swordplay, although his skill was more animalistic than calculated like hers.

The forbidden thoughts of his agile body spun like cotton candy in her mind, sweet, but disappearing as soon as she tasted them. He was beyond her reach, a guiding hand she wanted to hold and never let go of.

If he learned her name.

She wanted him to remember everything about her, from her name to her mannerisms to her favorite lipstick. But these days, it was a losing battle.

~

"That sounds good to me."

Jericho sat back down at her desk, glancing at her teacher over her book. Ban looked especially good today, wearing a nice button down shirt tucked into black pants. Her eyes had watched him closely as he came into the room, especially that shapely ass. Among the sea of eyes, she was sure he didn't notice her staring. 

Tutoring meant just them. Together. And time where she didn't have to be home. It was a win win situation she wouldn't pass up.

He looked up from his papers, making eye contact with her. He shook his head in disapproval.

"Get to work, kid."

"Yes, Ban."

She shoved the book back in front of her face, but still peeked over the edge. Her heart soared at the prospect of them spending time together. His gruffness was so endearing.

She grinned behind her book. A plan was brewing in her mind. It was daring, potentially dangerous. But that's what made it so good. It would work. She'd just have to carry it out with tact and confidence. He would remember her name for sure after she taught him a lesson.

Tutoring was looking better and better by the second.