halmoni? (9)

your pov

after the movies with jack, we went to a local diner for milkshakes. while we were there, i got an unexpected call from jaeden.

"hey bub! what's up?" i asked into the phone. jack said he was fine with me answering it, so i thanked him and picked up the phone. "hi y/n. can you facetime? i kinda wanna show you something." i grimaced as he said that, i was on a 'friend date' (that was what jack and i called it, or the more technical term to him, a frate.) with jack and i didn't want to be rude. i was already rude enough interrupting our frate to answer jaeden's call, so i had to reply like this, "oh, i would love to but i'm hanging out with jack right now, can you maybe call or facetime me when i get back to my house or something?"

"yeah. that's fine. it's just kind of important."

"sigh okay, what is it? jack, can i get on facetime with jaeden for a second?"

he looked kind of disappointed as a said that and nodded. i covered the mic of my phone as i said, "i'll make it up to you." and he smiled in return.

"what is it?" i asked as his face appeared on my screen. he quickly turned his camera around to a person who seemed to be... filming the diner... jack and i were at? were we supposed to even be in there right now?

wait... if jaeden could see the diner we were at, does that mean he was outside of it?

"jaeden are you outside?!" he flipped the camera around and weakly nodded.

i hung up on him and got really excited in front of jack. "jack!! jaeden is outside right now!!" he looked up from his shake in a confused manner, but since we had paid for our drinks at the beginning, i grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the booth in the same manner that he had done to me earlier.

after stepping out of the diner with jack's hand still in mine, we ran around an area behind the  diner and tried to look for jaeden. while we were running, jack's fingers were locked with mine, but i didn't mind at all. it kind of felt like they were supposed to fit together, like some sort of a puzzle.

while we were running around, i had let go of his hand and had spotted jaeden about 15 feet away from us. i tapped on jack's shoulder and pointed in the direction of jaeden, who was miraculously facing away from us, so we could surprise him. as we crept closer, we could see that he was talking on the phone with someone.

"yeah, i can ask if they wanna go to the carnival. it's fine, mom. yeah, no, i'll call you! yeah, yeah. you want me to call halmoni? yeah, yeah okay. i will. bye mom. love you, bye!" he hung up and started dialing more numbers. before he could hit call though, i ran up behind him and gave him a huge back hug.

"hel-" he turned his head in my direction. "hi jaeden." "Y/N! you're real!" he turned around and gave me a proper hug. "funny, jack said the same thing." we broke apart and smiled at each other for a couple seconds before jack came running at us. "group hug!!" he exclaimed as he squished all of us together.

jaeden was the first to start laughing and i quickly joined in followed with jack. jaeden quickly looked like he remembered something. "oh guys hold on! i have to call my halm- i mean my grandma. she only speaks in korean though so hold on.."

he hit the call button and she quickly picked up. i'm writing the korean in roman letters because some of y'all can't read hangul and it shows. the translations will be in italics after the phrase :)

"annyeonghaseyo, halmoni~..." hello, grandmother~

"nae. eotteohke jinaeseyo?" yes. how are you?

"jal jinaeyo, gamsahabnida." i'm good, thank you.

"mianhaeyo... nae. nae. annyeonghi gyeseyo!" sorry... yes. yes. please stay well!

he had hung up. "so... i heard there's a carnival about four blocks away... wanna go?"

jack and i shared a glance and i quickly nodded my head like a little kid. "vaminos!"

hi sorry for literally not posting yesterday like i told myself i would. next chapter will be filled with lots of fun and then the following with lots of drama. we stan the spicy tea

anyways thanks for 1.1k reads i really means a lot :)

also sorry for that bit of korean there - i'm working on improving my korean skills and since i know jaeden's grandma is korean i thought i could just test it out.

anyways u guys should read my other story mislead. i swear it's good

ok by lovies

w/c: 806