❁DAMON WELLS❁

CHARACTER ; DAMON WELLS

MOVIE ; LITTLE MAN TATE (1991)

WARNINGS ; LANGUAGE

Fifteen year old girls always have the best parties. At least, that what Dede tells me. I'm unaware why, as we all know that it's popular sixteen year old girls who throw the most amazing unforgettable parties of the year. I really just wanted a simple birthday party. I didn't have many friends, only a view. And on top of that, most of them were twelve years old or younger, or over twenty, like Dede. I was a fourteen year old girl who was going to be turning fifteen, soon.

I only had one friend who was my age - Damon Wells. He was one of those kids who didn't have any friends at all. It wasn't because he was shy or quiet, either. Damon Wells was an asshole.

"So, Sunny," Dede approached me with a bag of cherries in her hand, leaning the bag towards me to offer me some. I shook my head to decline. "Are you excited for your party later tonight?"

I shrugged in response. "I suppose." To be completely honest with you, I wasn't. I just wanted a few friends over; Fred, Joey X, Cherry, and Damon.

Dede sighed, placing her cherries on the table. "C'mon! There will be cake, there'll be dancing!" She grabbed me by my hands and pulled me out of the chair I was sitting in. She spun me around a few downs. waving our arms up and down slowly. I began to loosen up, smiling as we danced. Dede was like a mother-figure to me. "Dancing with Damon!" she teased as she dipped me.

"Shut up!" I giggled as she pulled me back up, letting go to grab her cherries again. "He will be here, though, right?"

Dede nodded, but with a shrug. "We invited him, but you know how he is. He's an asshole." She left, and I sighed. He is an asshole. He's the biggest asshole that I know, and I fell for him. For some reason. Don't get me wrong, he's not a terrible person, but gosh, I can't help but have a little crush on him.

I got up and walked outside, getting on my bike and biking back home. I liked to watch the houses whenever I did this. They were moving so quickly to me, but to everyone else they were still in time. It was peaceful to think about. Focusing on little things like that is what helped me to clear my mind, and that was all I needed right now.

❁❁❁

My party started at five o'clock, and Dede and Eddie were currently helping me prepare the outfit that I would wear in half an hour. People were going to start coming soon, and I had yet to prepare what I was going to wear to my own birthday party.

"I think," Eddie said in his accent, pulling on a yellow dress that hung in my closet. "you should wear this. Your name is Sunny, and yellow reminds me of sunflowers."

I nodded and pulled out a pair of white Converse to go with it. "And wear these!" Dede was looking through my jewelry box for accessories. I personally thought everyone was taking this a bit too far, but I didn't stop them. She help up two earring with sunflowers on them I bought years ago and have yet to wear.

"I'm leaving so you can change, you come out when you're finished so I can see the masterpiece I created." Eddie left the room with Dede, and I looked at myself in the mirror. "I think I look great the way I'm dressed now."

I still put the dress on, though. I have to admit that what Eddie and Dede were doing was really sweet of them, this was the least I could do to repay them. They were throwing me a party, even if I didn't really want one, because they cared for me. And I looked extremely adorable!

I quickly made my way down the stairs, reaching the bottom step and doing a little spin for the pair. "You look great!" Dede walked up to me, pushing my hair behind my shoulders, turning to Eddie, who was eating a cupcake. "Eddie, look at Sunny!"

He turned around and he smiled, swallowing the almost whole cupcake that he had shoved into his mouth. "You look like a sunflower."

I thanked them both, taking a set to watch the clock and wait for the people to start flooding in. I wanted it to be over with, but I also wanted cake really, really, bad. Eddie shouldn't have been eating the cupcakes, they were for the party, but I couldn't care less. I completely understood.

❁❁❁

I'll admit, Dede was right. This party is the most fun I've experience in a long, long time. I've got to dance with Fred, and Cherry complimented me saying I looked nice which made my heart explode because kids are so sweet.

"Cake time!" Dede shouted from the kitchen. I watched as everyone turned and headed to where she was. I immediately knew what I was going to wish for. I kept making eye contact with Damon, and I couldn't stop thinking about him. I made my way into the center of the kitchen and watched as Dede lit the fifteen candles.

Eddie pat my shoulder, smiling and standing behind me. Getting sung "Happy Birthday" was awkward; everyone just stared at you and sang, even if they didn't want too.

I smiled when I saw Garth with a camera before I blew out my candles. The flash went off, and I blew the candles out wishing for what I've wanted for a very long time. Everyone clapped and I saw Fred with frosting all over his face, very evident that he had been eating cupcakes before. I laughed about this to myself as Dede began cutting cake, putting it on plates and handing it out to people.

I grabbed a fork, walking over to sit at the table to eat because it was the polite thing to do. I watched as Damon, dressed in his cape, walked over to sit across from me.

"Hey," I said and he looked up, not answering. "So you decided to come?"

"Yeah," He responded this time, making me quite happy. "I didn't have anything else to do except study math problems, and I don't need to do that. So I thought, "what the hell?" and decided to come."

I didn't say anything for a while, just appreciated the fact that he was actually sitting with me. It was just a nice silence as we ate as Joey X tried to do karaoke to "I Wanna Know What Love Is" by Foreigner. It was hard not to ignore, but entertaining.

"What did you wish for?" Damon asked out of the blue, making my heart nearly stop. "Honestly, you can tell me. I won't tell anybody. I'm an asshole, I don't have any friends to share secrets with." He smiled, and I felt like I couldn't lie to him.

I mumbled my answer, both wanting him to hear and not hear the answer. "Look, are you gonna tell me or not?"

I sighed, taking our empty plates and throwing them in the trash can that was next to us. "I wished," I looked up at him, taking a deep breath for courage.  I saw Dede from across the kitchen give me a thumbs up and Eddie nodded. "I wish to give you a kiss."

He didn't respond. He stayed silent, and he looked almost confused. I didn't regret what I said because now he knew and I had no reason to be afraid. He got up and pushed his chair in. I ran a hand through my hair as he stood right next to me. "You should of just said so."

Holy shit, I'm fucking kissing Damon Wells. He wasn't the best kisser, that's clearly shown. But I didn't care because, like I said, I got to kiss Damon Wells. Dede started clapping, resulting in everyone around us to turn and start clapping too, interrupting Joey X's performance, but he didn't stop.

When he pulled away, he walked away too, and I couldn't stop smiling. "Thank you!" I shouted to him as he made his way to the living room. He turned around smiled, waving, before continuing through the many doors in my house.

"And thank you!" I turned to Dede and Eddie. "For throwing this party!" I couldn't stop exclaiming and Fred ran up to me and hugged me, saying how proud of me he was for finally pursuing my crush before running back to the treat table.

"This," I thought "Was one hell of a party!"