funeral day.

No POV.
The wreath floated off, further down the lake, lying on it was his Arc Reactor. It read :

                                                  "proof that Tony stark has a heart."

Pepper crouched down, hugging Morgan tight to her, Happy and Rhodey were behind them watching the wreath float away, taking Tony's heart with it. Steve was there too along with Peter, May, Banner, Thor, Stephen, Wong, Scott and Hope, with her parents. The guardians were there too, T'challa, Shuri and Okeye, Hawkeye and his family. Wanda, Bucky and Sam, Carol, Maria and Fury were there... Harley keener was was there. After all these years they never forgot about Harley.

The ceremony ended and everyone went back inside except Peter. Harley stopped on the stairs, he walked back down to the dock where Peter was stood.
"Hey. Ur... erm... I'm Harley...Keener."
"Peter. Parker."
"I... I can't believe that he's... I met him 10 years ago, I helped him. Now..."
"Yeah, I'm really sorry, it must be-."
"No, I'm sorry, I can't imagine how much pain you went through... you were there, you watched him... you watched him die. You were like a son to him." Harley said.
"So were you."
They exchanged a small glance, with a rare tiny smile, something that wouldn't occur again for a while.
"Hey, boys." Came a voice from behind.
They both turned to see Pepper walking up to them.
"I pictured you two getting along." She deliverd it with a smile, hiding pain.
"Hey, how are you feeling?" Harley asked.
"Yeah, I'm okay, Morgan's all I'm worried about, she has to grow up without a father, which is something I never wanted... and it's come true." She began to choke on tears.

Harley and Peter both grabbed her hands, and held them tight. The sun glistened on the lake in the distance, and the wreath still carried itself along the flowing water. When Tony's heart was out of sight the three turned around to head back to the house. Everyone was inside talking to each other, looking at photos. All that could be heard was "Tony was... Tony did... Tony." Pepper found it difficult to stay, but she had to stay strong. Peter went to the kitchen to look at all the drawings Morgan had done, he was especially drawn to the middle one. It was a picture of Pepper, Morgan and Tony it's writing said: "best Iron dad ever".Peter turned his gaze over to a shelf in the corner above the sink. He walked over to it and found a picture behind cups, it was of him and Tony. Peter began to tear up, then the back of the frame fell off. It revealed a folded piece of paper, it said "Peter" on the front of it. Peter held it in his hands and stared at it. He was terrified to open it, he turned around to see Pepper looking at him.
"Peter?" She stared at the paper too.
"Er... I'm just gonna... um..."
He walked past Pepper and headed outside again, he sat on the edge of the dock. He sighed and shit his eyes in preparation to open it. Peter gently flicked the edges of the paper up and bent it back to normal. The words floated on the page, mixing up, Peter looked up and breathed hard and looked back down.

"Pete,
If your reading this, then it worked, maybe not for me, but your alive and that's all I wanted. I had to write this, because I want you to know this was all because of you. At first I wasn't gonna do it, you know the whole time travel thing. I didn't want to risk what I had, I didn't want to erase what I got. But then the picture you found this in, made me realise, I had to get you back. Without you, we wouldn't of been able to do any of this, and yes I know I'm gone, but please, Pete, remember it'll be okay. No matter what you do or where you go, I'll always be with you. Always. And never forget, that although sometimes it was difficult to see, but I love you. Forever. One last thing, take care of Pep for me, and most importantly, Morgan. She likes ice pops and cheeseburgers, she takes after me. I'll never forget you, kid.

Love you three thousand, Spider-Man.

Tony."

Peter folded the letter back up, as tears streamed down his face he looked up to the sky and smiled.
"I love you too, Tony."