Bad Day

AN: Thanks for making it this far. Y'all are real troopers. Lots of love tehe.

________________________________________________

Grey's POV:

    I had walked around the school twice, and the bell had rung once. Why couldn't I just walk into the building? It was just that simple, but yet I struggled to do that simple task.

    "Do you need some help, or like are you here to shoot up the school?" This random girl asked.

    "Oh, uh, no I would never do that. That would be so horrible I am not that type.."

    "Dude that was a joke. You're new right?" she said.

    'Oh, yeah I am new. I am just lost" I mumbled out. How was I supposed to know she was joking. Horrible crimes like shooting schools are happening and all she can do is joke about it. Yet I am the idiot for not recognizing her sarcasm.

    "I'm Jamie. You're Grey right?" she asked.

    "Um how do you know about me?" Did she know me from my past school? If that was the case, my life would be ruined.

    "I am the tour guide, I guess. Why else would I talk to you?" Jamie said. Her comment hurt. Maybe I was just too sensitive. That's what my father always told me. He must be right, I'm just too sensitive.

    "Nice to meet you. Here, this is my schedule. I am sorry for bothering you but if you just tell me the directions I won't have to talk to you again." I said in one breathe. I hate asking people for things and making them go out of the way for me. This girl clearly doesn't like me so I will just leave her alone. 'I must have done something wrong. It's probably my fault she doesn't like me.' I thought.

"It's whatever. Here this is where your classes are." she explained where I was supposed to go but I was still so confused. I always felt so dumb when I was confused because I wasn't able to help myself figure out the situation. But again I am being over-dramatic. I am a boy I am not supposed to have feelings or emotions. That's what my father tells me anyway. That real men don't have or show emotions.

"I gotta go. Oh and the counselor said if you need anything you can come to me, but we both know that you should just go to her. I won't help much and besides we don't even like each other." she left as quick as she came.

I started for the school. I looked up as I felt a raindrop fall from the sky. A storm was coming I could smell it in the air.

I wandered around the school and prayed that I would find the right class. Chemistry was my first class, and I heard it was a hard class. It counted for college credit so it has to be hard.

"You must be Grey Sterling. Introduce yourself to the class." my teacher said as walked into class. Everyone started looking at me and all that I could think of was if I put deodorant on today. I prayed to God that I did. Otherwise people would start seeing me sweating.

"I'm Grey Sterling." I softly said to the class. At least I didn't have a voice crack.

"You can sit there," he pointed to the middle seat of the classroom. I started walking there and wondered why no one would sit there. It's far enough away that the teacher wouldn't suspect you of going on your phone. The back of the classroom was too obvious, and the front he could see the phone. I sat down and BANG the chair broke.

The class erupted in laughter. I felt my face heat up to the darkest red. I tried to control my emotions but my face said everything.

"Loose some pounds fatty!" a kid yelled and more laughter came. I was overweight but I didn't think I was that fat.

"Quiet! Grey you can find an open seat and sit there instead." I couldn't believe what I just heard. The teacher had done nothing. He saw the whole thing yet he didn't care that the students had humiliated me. I thought this school would protect me from the students. They said it would be better.

I slowly moved to another chair. I could feel bruises forming on my legs. My parents would be so mad. They would think I had gotten into another fight.

"Grey! Are you even listening?" the teacher screamed.

"I'm sorry what was the question?" I asked.

"Stand up and address me young man," he said again angrier. I didn't realize that I was supposed to stand. In public school the teacher calls on you and then you just stayed sitting.

I slowly rose and started speaking "What was the question Mr..Mr..uh...Mr." I realized I didn't know his name. Everyone was looking at me again.

"That's enough Grey sit down. You have embarrassed yourself enough today. My name is Mr. Friss," he finished saying. I heard a few more snickers but the class wasn't staring at me anymore. I couldn't concentrate for the rest of class. My heart was beating too fast and my ears felt like they were blocked. My breathing sounded too loud and nothing felt right.

The bell luckily sounded and I left class. One gone five more to go. My next class was math. I hated math I always felt so stupid when I tried learning. I look up from my schedule and was shocked. What school was this? Kelvin Klein recruitment class? Everyone looked so buff and like a model. Here I was a below average looking boy in a school full of tens.

"Move it shorty" a kid said as he pushed me out of the way. I wasn't that short. I wasn't tall either. I was 5'8''. This school looked like it was full of giants, I didn't see a guy that was as short as me. I couldn't control my height. It's not like I want to be short. I can't just magically grow taller, I thought glumly.

The day passed so slowly. I couldn't believe today was only the first day of school. I didn't have any friends and no one seemed to like me. In math no one talked to me. Music came next and it was even worse. I played the violin and I had to try out in front of the whole class. The catastrophic  part was that I didn't have the music that supposedly everyone had gotten last year for tryouts this year. I sounded so squeaky and my notes were not on pitch. Fourth hour was Spanish and that class seemed ok. A kid named Tyler talked to me so that was good.

The worst part of today was now. Lunch. Who would sit with me? I looked around the cafeteria for someone to sit with. I didn't know anyone and no one wants me. I decided to sit alone. I ate my lunch in silence with my head down. It was so embarrassing to sit alone. The feeling of no one wanting or tolerating you enough to have you even near them. I kept looking at the clock wishing that this would be over.

Eventually lunch ended and I went to my fifth hour class, history. It was so boring and no one talked to me again. I felt so lonely. I couldn't wait to go home so I could eat the food I wanted and wear normal clothes. My uniform was too tight. I had to use someone else's old uniform from the lost and found. My family couldn't afford an expensive uniform.

The bell rang and I went to my last class. English was a language I spoke, but I didn't understand grammar. The whole class period I looked at the clock. Minute by minute until the day ended. My school ended at 2:10.

BEEP! The bell sounded and I rushed to my locker. I grabbed my stuff and ran outside. I looked for my mom's car but didn't see it.

Hours passed and she still wasn't there. It was 5 already and no one else was still here except all the sports clubs. I decided to walk home. I lived 5 miles away so this would take forever.

I started walking and breathing heavily. I hated exercise so I was out of shape. I checked my navigation app on my phone and it said I only walked a mile. I was sweating buckets, but at least no one was watching me.

I finally got home. Tired, but living. I made a B-line for the couch and splattered on. Today was the worst and would only get worse, but what else was there to do?

_________________________________________________

AN: Thanks for reading again. I hope you liked it and if there is any grammar issues please tell me!