Chapter 3: Birds Of A Feather

Bella's POV: A crisp newly printed issue of the Gotham Times newspaper swished down smoothly on my desk. The headline read, "New rising self established hero, called Batlady, fights off robbers from jewelry store robbery yesterday night at Ericson's Jewelers & Co, with her sidekick, Batboy." With an image of me, in costume, fighting off the robbers, with Bruce pinned down in the background, and a shadow casting over the scene, vaguely lit by the full silvery moon.

"We're supposed to be vigilantes, not movie stars. And I think the fame will just go to your head." I heard Bruce remark warily from across the room.

Then I remarked softly in response, "I think, maybe you're just jealous cuz I got more spotlight than you." With a teasing smirk to top it off.

"I mean, no, but I think they've got it all wrong. We're equals, and I'm Batguy, Bat, guy, is that so hard to understand? And I did a decent amount of the work anyways, so they need to re-evaluate their methods of accurate media representation." He remarked surely, pacing rounds around the room.

After that, I commented while snapping my mask's elastic around the back of my head, "Well, if you want to set them straight so badly, why don't we go give the public exactly what they want?" While twisting my jump rope through my fingers.

"It is so on, I'm gonna get there first!" He replied, tying his cape around his neck, and popping up at the chance for competition.

We were on the move, and it was Saturday, so we jumped out the window and out the zip line as fast as you could say Batman. And once we had made it into the alley, we swung over the rooftops via some hanging ropes, and dropped off straight into the city park main square.

Cheers arose from the large crowd as soon as our feet hit the ground. And not a second later than that, Bruce proceeded to shout proudly with His hands cupped around His mouth, "I, am, Batguy!" The crowd looked puzzled, mixed with a hint of terror from some of the small children within the sea of citizens.

Afterwards, I took a slow breath, and commented to set them straight, "He means that's his superhero name, the headlines got it wrong." A lot of, "Ohhhhhh...."s of relief sounded out softly from the scattered small 5 year olds and their parents, hiding their faces in the large crowd.

The legion of Gotham citizens and fans commenced cheering once more, and we even signed a few autographs for some especially overzealous ones. But soon after that was over, the crowd of citizens scattered out and spread away and out of the park to continue completing their other duties of the day.

Eventually, once Bruce and I realized that the fans were thinning out all across Gotham to get on with their day, it was too late. There was barely anyone left in the city square of the park at that point, but luckily for us, the press rushed in as soon as the fans and citizens had departed.

A million questions and large microphones rose up out of the newly formed crowd of press reporters and staff in different uniforms, and to mention just a few, "Are you a performer or a vigilante?" "Do you know Batman personally?" "Do you have your own Batcave?" And finally, "Are you part of the Justice League?"

Before I could even get a single word out, Bruce began barking out answers as fast as humanly possible! In order, He said, "Both." "Not really, ;)" "No, not for now." "And sadly, nope." I opened my mouth, but it was too late, so I just sighed, slightly annoyed. Then they continued by asking him one more large question, "So, is it true that your name is actually Batguy?"

"Yeah. I just didn't have time to say that, since I was working so hard!" He replied confidently and surely.

"Okay, so now it sounds like you were the lead in all of this, is that how it went, Batbo-uh-guy?" The main reporter in the front held up his microphone and asked.