Chapter 7 - FINALLY

Chris's POV.

(Told you I would put in a new POV)

It's scary. Everyone is gone, well except the people who remain. I lost my family to the virus. My baby brother, mother, and step-dad. Well the step-dad wasn't that big of a loss.

It's been about 3 or 4 days since Zoe, Mitch, and I got here, to the re-grouping place.

Yesterday, we went out to scout for supplies, and we found useful things that will help us when we move. I'm not really sure why Baxter wants to move so early and not just stay here for a couple of weeks. He said we shouldn't stay because the dead are starting to rot and that we should move out of the city and into the woods.

I don't want to leave. Baxter wants us to make a settlement in the woods, like with little huts and live off of the land. I think the smell of rotten flesh has gotten to his head.

I looked around the little makeshift camp that Mitch, Zoe, Volts, and I made in one of the employee rooms. Everyone was sleeping, so I quietly crept out of the room. I don't know where I was going, I was exploring. Down the hallway leading to the stairs was doors. Randomly choosing a door, I walked through. There was stairs leading up, so I grabbed the banister and started my trek up. At the top of the stairs there was a door and it was ajar. I slunk through and found myself on the roof. I lone, shadowed figure stood at the edge looking over.

"Baxter." I whispered.

Baxter nearly jumped out of his skin. "Oh. It's just you Chris."

"What are you doing out, up here?" I asked.

"Listening." He replied.

"To what? There's nothing to listen to."

"Exactly. It's silent, the birds aren't chirping, neither are the crickets it's silent."

We stood there looking over the vast, dark city. I can imagine the city with all the lights on. The signs bright, and the sounds of the night like cars beeping. But it was all black. Nobody was left in the city, except us. A movement below caught my eye. A person, limping and walking aimlessly. It walked and hit the things in its way. It got closer and closer to the building.

The bright lights of the building were cast on its face. I gasped. "Is that a..."

-------------------------------

So friends, what do you think? I'm sorry I haven't been updating for a looooong time. School, chorus, band, homework were in the way. Are any of you in a band? What do you play? Comment for a faster update, for I have internet access for a week and a half. It's my birthday soon!!!! In 9 days!!! Whoohoo!!!! Who has an October birthday? Comment your answers for a faster update. Thanks for reading and stay beautiful my friends!!!!! :D