Chapter Twelve

As soon as the door opens, Amery is assaulted by the smell of a strong, fertile alpha. Just the thought has his mouth watering. He wants nothing more than to jump Sebastian right where he stands and ride him until they are both coming.

Holding his breath, he steps back, and Sebastian comes into the room. Amery is quick to close and lock the door behind him. He has a sneaking suspicion that neither of them are going to be leaving this room for a while, and he really does not want to be interrupted.

Sebastian's hands are clenched by his sides, and as Amery looks at him closely, he notices that the alpha is not unaffected. His cheeks are flushed, eyes bright as he looks at Amery.

"You're in heat?" he asks, voice coming out rougher than Amery has ever heard it. The sound of his voice sends a thrill of electricity down his spine, and Amery can feel the first trickles of slick soaking his underwear. Dear god, this heat is coming on strong, stronger than he can ever remember. In the back of his mind, a voice reminiscent of his doctor tells him this is what happens when you are on suppressants for a long period of time.

The breath he had been holding comes rushing out of him, and with Sebastian in the room, the smell of alpha has only intensified.

"Yes. I-I'm sorry about calling to talk to you now, but it snuck up on me." The want inside Amery is getting stronger, the scent of an alpha causing his heat to come on even stronger, but he resists the urge to jump the man.

He doesn't say anything, just gives a small nod. He seems to be struggling as much as Amery, and that gives him some hope that Sebastian will want to stay.

"I've been on suppressants for years now, but I don't have anymore. Once my last pack ran out, I was out of luck." He finds himself rambling, trying desperately to get Sebastian to stay. He knows that the alpha was already pressured by Savannah to help with her heat. He doesn't want to do the same. "It's up to you, obviously.... But, I would really appreciate it if you could-" He forces himself to meet Sebastian's eyes, his voice dropping to a whisper, "If you could help me."

Sebastian just looks at him, face neutral. Amery can't read what the other man is feeling, his mind becoming more clouded. He thought that his heat would hold out until tomorrow, but it is coming on strong.

Just when Amery thinks that he really is going to spend this heat alone, Sebastian closes the distance between them. With care, the alpha raises a hand and rests it on Amery's cheek. The combination of warmth and scent causes Amery to turn his head into the gesture, wanting to be as close as possible.

"I don't think I can hold back," Sebastian says, words soft.

Amery looks up in surprise and sees the same desire he is feeling reflected in the other man's eyes.

"Me either," Amery whispers. "But I only want to do this if you want to as well."

A smile flickers across Sebastian's face then. "Oh, I want to." He steps closer, body pressed against Amery's, and lips hovering a scant few centimeters from his own. "Can I?"

Amery's breath comes out quick, giving a small nod. "Yes, yes please."

That's all it takes for Sebastian to take control. Large, warm hands wrap around Amery, gliding down his back and resting right above his hips. Sebastian's lips are warm against his own, and Amery cannot help but relax into the man, lips moving with his. Teeth nip at his bottom lip, coaxing Amery's lips apart. Sebastian is quick to act, his tongue sliding against Amery's.

The sensation draws a moan out of him, his body tingling every place where Sebastian is touching him. His hands slide up into Sebastian's hair, fingers twisting into the locks and pulling the alpha tighter against him.