Chapter Six

The Letter

Ben, by the time you read this, I'm probably on the Isle with Mal. Please forgive me, but I can't do it anymore. There was too much expected but of me, so I can be perfect for you. But I'm not. I'm really sorry, Ben.
-Bianca 💛

Bianca's P.O.V
I sat with Mal in our old hangout talking and messing around with the old junk we had in here.
Now currently, I'm reading a book, that we had found a few years ago, on the couch. It was about a girl who fell in love with a boy who was too good for her. And she tried to change for him but couldn't. Huh sounds like my life. I couldn't take reading it anymore so I skip to the end. But before I can, I hear a familiar voice.
"I've never seen you read with a smile on your face before."
I get up, "Ben."
He tries to take a step forward but I hold my hands out in front of me. He looks hurt.
"Bianca. I am so sorry about our fight," he starts, "It was all my fault." He holds out his ring in front of me, "Please come home."
Tears are on the brim of my eyes, "Ben. I am home." I walk towards him.
"I brought the limo," he tries to joke, "I'll give you a ride."
I shake my head, knowing that my voice is going to crack, "Ben. I don't fit in. I really did try to give it my best shot. And if you think that I can change, then you're wrong."
He smiles, "Then don't change." He shrugs, "I'll skip school, have more fun, you know, I'll blow off some meetings," I cut him off.
"No! I'm such a terrible influence. It's only a matter of time, I'll do something so messed up, that not only will the kingdom turn on me, they'll turn in you."
He moves even closer, "Don't quit us, Bia." He places the ring in my hand. "The people love you." I stare up at him.
"I love you," he says looking at me with those beautiful hazel eyes, "Don't you love me?"
I pick up the ring from his hands and smile. He looks hopeful, and I feel bad for about what I'm going to do next. But I place the ring back in his palm and close his fingers around it.
"I have to take myself out of the picture because it's what's best for you and Auradon. I'm so sorry Ben," I say looking down at my feet.
"Bianca. Please," he takes a step closer and I move back, hand coming between us.
"Ben. No."
He stares at me like a hurt puppy.
"I can't do this, Ben," I say, I walk back over to the couch and pick up my book, "You should go, Ben." I feel him looking at me.
"Ben. Please go!" He looks so heartbroken, but he leaves.
I drop my book, bringing my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them, and cry. A moment passes and I feel arms around my body.
"It's okay, B," Mal whispers.
I let go of my body and turn to cry onto her shoulder.
"It hurts. And. And I've never felt anything like this before," I sob.
Another voices echos through the building.
"Mal. Bianca. Please. It's Evie. Let me just talk to you for a second."
Mal walks overs over to the pipe, "Go away!"
Then there's silence.
A few minutes pass and I calm down. I wipe my face. Then I hear clattering, I look up to see my friends.
Jay speaks, "We have a problem."