Chapter 14

Hey, guys and girls. I'm truly sorry for such a long hiatus. There have been huge changes in my life within the last few months, and because of that I don't know when I will have time to write. But like I've said before, that doesn't mean I have given up on this story. I really haven't. I'm just trying to juggle a lot of things at the moment. But, please, stick around. There will definitely be more content to follow - I'm trying my hardest to keep this story alive. So, thank you for supporting and reading my story.

_______________________________________________

Can tried to calm himself down, taking deep breaths, but the ever increasing loudness of his heartbeat consumed him, reminding him of his ineptitude. Then again, there was reason for him to freak out. He looked down at his bloody hands, applying pressure over Pond's abdomen, and then over towards the way Tin had run off to. It was possible to catch Tin if he left now, but what would that mean for Pond? Could he survive his injuries long enough for Can to come back for him? He didn't think so. But the possibility of never seeing Tin again was quite real too, scarily so. The way he felt in the hospital, that constant ache and fear, was a feeling he never wanted to feel again. But what could he do? It was a lose-lose situation no matter how he looked at it. He really wished Am was there with him right now, so he didn't have to choose. He could just go after Tin like he wanted. But the reality of it was that she wasn't there. And with each passing moment, the decision was being made for him.

Earlier That Day

The journey to Hope had been slow going. Or at least slower than Tin wanted, and he had no qualms expressing his dissatisfaction. But Can didn't care. There was absolutely no way he was going to take a chance on anything that could reinjure Tin. Yes, perhaps most of Tin's injuries had healed. He could walk fine and didn't have trouble breathing anymore, though he did still have trouble with his prosthetic arm even if he didn't want to admit to it, and that could lead to trouble all on its own. Can didn't know the extent of it, and he could hardly retain all the information the doctor had given him,but he knew that Tin was far from being back to his usual tiptop shape. And Can only agreed to let Tin check out of the hospital early on the basis Tin wouldn't do anything to exert himself and to report any discomfort, whether small or big, immediately. Even Can though the was going a bit overboard, but better safe than sorry.

And honestly, taking it slowly wasn't the most horrible thing. Can actually thought it was quite nice. Out on the road, just the two of them. And unlike the first time, they actually talked and got to know each other. It was mostly him talking and Tin listening, but still...Everyday they laughed, ate, and slept together. Some times they didn't even do anything but sit together. It was strange, the feeling he got simply being with Tin. He liked it.

"Pond said they would meet us at the inn," Can informed Tin when they reached the city entrance. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them, trails of color came into his vision. He focused on one, a pinkish trail. After 'turning off' his ability, he gestured toward their left. "This way."

Tin stared at him, and intense and unnerving stare. "Your eyes are beautiful, you know?"

"Huh?"

Tin stepped toward him, never breaking eye contact with Can. "I said your eyes are beautiful, Can."

Can licked his lips. "T-thanks?"

Was Tin going to kiss him again? But Tin had stopped just short of their lips touching. Was he waiting for Can to initiate the kiss? He wasn't completely opposed to the idea, but he also didn't know how he was supposed to go about it. They had kissed a few more times along the way to Hope, but it had always been Tin kissing him. He was just... there. What if he did it wrong, and Tin didn't want to kiss him anymore? Can didn't think he could live with the embarrassment.So, instead, he turned away and skipped a few steps ahead of Tin.