7

A couple of days before the soiree, a tall middle-aged blond man came visiting us. He asked to speak to Rido but my uncle dealt with him.

"What can I do for you?" my uncle asked. His boyish face was devoid of emotion.

The other man stumbled over his words. "I-I. H-Here is list of invatations we sent out and these are the people coming to the party." He presented a manila envelope which Ejin took.

"Thank you, Aido-san." The pureblood said. My eyes slightly widened as I watched the tall male before me. I could see the resemblance he had to Hanabusa. The blue eyes, the same shade of blond hair, and the handsome face. He was a reminder I was going to meet his son at the party.

As if sensing my eyes on him, his attention drifted to me. "You have a beautiful little niece," he said politely while bowing to me.

"Yes, she is," my uncle answered.

"I will see you at the night of the party. If you have any questions or concerns, you know how to contact me."

"Thank you." With Ejin's final reply, Aido took his leave. From the brief glimpse of him, I could see why Kaname had his son as a major ally. Aido was an important man, at least important enough to hold a party to invite pureblood vampires.

"Uncle?" I questioned with a childish voice. I had an appearance to keep up, that of a child.

"Yes, my darling niece," he answered with a playful tone.

"Why was he here?" I didn't need to ask who he was because we were attending his soiree. Besides, gathering that bit of information was baby play. I wanted to know Aido's motive for showing up in the Toma's estsate.

"He sent a list of names attending the party."

I blinked at him. Something still wasn't adding up.

His lips quirked up at the corners. "Aw, what will I do to my over curious little niece?" He reached to me and ruffled my hair. I swiped at his hand and quickly moved away from him. When he moved to me, I didn't sense him coming. Was I completely lapsing in his company? If I was, that was not a good sign.

"Kyyra, your father and I need a list of guests to see who will be attending the night's party for your safety."

"I see," I said with a small voice.

"And we need to check if any other pureblood vampires will be at the party, my sweet Kyyra. You will be making a debut. The others will try to take an advantage," another familiar voice said from the distance. Quickly, I lifted my head. I turned to the door where the blond male exited and saw my father standing there, looking ethereal.

"Daddy," I perked at seeing him. There was no room for thought. I ran to him and hugged his legs. I laughed as he bent down to gather me in his arms. My joy filled the room as he raised me into the air and twirled me around.

"This greeting never gets old," my father replied, a smile adorning on his thin lips and mismatched eyes.

I rubbed my cheek against his shoulder. "You're my world, daddy," I said with ease. He was my everything. The supposed monster of Vampire Knight, the insane one was where I felt most comfortable.

OoO

There weren't many chances for me to see my father after that night. He was busy dealing with meetings. I didn't see much of Ejin either. I attended private tutoring sessions, had numerous dress fittings and practiced how to dance at the party. I was barely five years old yet the vampires in the vampire society expected me to dance in front of them.