TWENTY FOUR

"I was wondering-"

The eerie silence that had once filled the living room was broken by the deep voice of a merman, who had flopped himself upside down onto the couch, tail hanging over the headrest. Jin, who had been staring at the random pictures displayed in the room diverted his eyes to the merman lying on the couch.

Taehyung nervously scraped his throat. It was the first time he was left alone with the male and he had never realized just how awkward he could be around someone. "You mentioned something about your father being a scientist when you were talking with Hoseok-"

"You eavesdropped on our conversation?", the older immediately cut off the other's sentence, eyebrows angrily furrowing together.

"It's not eavesdropping when you're talking so loudly", Taehyung retorted, trying to look equally as stern but failing as he wasn't really laying in the right position to be looking serious.

Jin held in his laugh & cleared his throat, "Anyway- you were saying?"

Taehyung noticed the other's change of attitude and pulled himself up so he wasn't hanging upside down any more.

"I was saying- that I was wondering about your father and his experiments. If he managed to make something being able to make his son go invisible- Do you think he could transform people in a different way too?"

Jin cocked his head to the side, "In what way do you mean?"

The younger shrugged and avoided the other's suspicious look. In a silent voice he spoke up, "I don't know... Say, hypothetically speaking, you have this friend whose half fish but now that he's on land and has found himself a boyfriend he'd rather have legs-"

"Turning someone invisible and giving someone legs are two totally different things Taehyung".

The merman looked up, "I know! I am aware of that. But if he's got the right chemicals maybe-"

"Even if he did, I'm pretty sure the lab got destroyed after the apocalypse", Jin clicked his tongue, "And I'm pretty sure he's dead too".

"But Namjoon and Hoseok aren't", Taehyung spoke up, hope shining in his eyes,"And they are great scientists".

"Look Taehyung-"

"Do you have something against me having legs or something?", the merman gruffly spoke, frown etched onto his face.

Jin reacted shocked, "What- no! Why would I?"

"You're oddly against everything I'm proposing", Taehyung said, crossing his arms. He had been trying to find the right words to propose his idea, had been thinking of talking to Jin about it for days now. But now that he had found the courage to tell him, the older immediately shot down his plan like it wasn't a big deal.

"Well maybe I'm just not thrilled about having to be remembered of my past", Jin spoke up coldly, "And I also think we should get these kids to safety first".

"I do too! But I'm just saying that I could be of much more use if I just had a pair of dainty legs", Taehyung really was starting to get frustrated with the older. Couldn't he just listen for a damn minute without shooting every aspect of his plan down?

Jin sighed and pinched his nose, "You already have a lot of potential. You have water powers and all that shit".

"I'm fucking dead weight Jin, and don't you try to deny it. Jungkook spends his time carrying me around to everywhere, trying to get me hydrated and worrying about me all the damn time. I just wish I didn't have to be so dependent on other people. If we're attacked now, there isn't even any way for me to escape. I'd be dead in a minute without any water nearby. And knowing Jungkook, he'd just risk his life trying to save me- and we all know we can't lose him".

Jin met the merman's eyes, which told him enough. Taehyung had been carrying this weight on his shoulders for as long as Jungkook had been carrying him around.

"I'm not saying giving you legs would be a bad idea, I'm just trying to stay realistic", he finally responded.

Taehyung clicked his tongue, "Well, I appreciate it, but could you also be a bit positive?"

That was fair, now Jin thought about it, maybe Taehyung with legs would give them a better advantage.

"Alright look- I'll try and talk to Hoseok and Namjoon about it, see what we can do".

The merman immediately started beaming and would have jumped to hug the older- if he had legs of course. "Thank you, but please don't mention anything about this to Jungkook. He'd just worry or feel bad and I don't want that".

The older sighed but smiled nonetheless. "You two are way too lovey dovey for my liking. But sure, I'll keep it a secret for now".

Surprising both Jin and Taehyung with their presence were Jimin and Jungkook, sauntering through the front door as if nothing had happened. Taehyung noticed them first & his eyes lit up at the sight of his wolfie.

"Finally! you're here-", he smiled brightly, before his whole face fell and became suspicious, "Wait, why did you come in through the front door if you left to go upstairs not too long ago?"

Jungkook chuckled and rubbed his neck, "Long story. Let's take the other guys and leave as soon as possible".

"But- you went to see what happened to the others-", Jin replied but got cut off.

"Are they alright?", Taehyung asked.

Jimin sheepishly smiled, "Yeah, there are just a little passed out at the moment".

"What?", both of the other guys replied.

Jungkook sighed and pulled Jimin up the stairs, "Let's just leave before more masked men show up".

"Masked men-", Taehyung repeated before looking at the older, "Jin are you following this?"

"Nope, but let's just do as they say. I guess they will explain later".

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"What?"

Jungkook felt the stare being giving by the merman who was again sitting in his kiddies pool, the cold hard stare almost pierced through his head so he decided to say something about it. This made Taehyung even more annoyed it seemed, as the merman huffed and crossed his arms.

"Are you going to explain anything that's happened? Or are you just going to sit there and let me die of curiosity?"

"Well I can't really let you die, cause that'd be really bad for my health too", Jungkook chuckled, knowing fully well that when the merman died, his fate would be the same.

Taehyung frowned at that, now knowing what the younger meant with that. "What? Nevermind, just tell me what the hell happened before! You and Jimin have been acting suspicious for hours now. And the others have no memory of what happened and that's even more suspicious!"

"Easy there Tae, I'll explain it soon okay. I just think we should create some distance between this town and us and then Jimin and I will tell everyone what happened".

Taehyung pouted at that.

"You're not getting answers out of me by that", Jungkook smiled and shuffled closer, "But you do get kisses".

Okay so I already have a kind of ending figured out for this book and let's say it is going to be EPIC (I hope, I kind of have to find it epic since I'm the one writing it lmao)