Bad news

Clarke:
   I rubbed Octavia's back and said "it's okay O…" She took a deep breath and laid back in the bed. Bellamy quickly got the covered blanket off of her and took it to the laundry bin. He came back and I said "Why don't we put her in my bed until the nurses have a minute to change the sheets?" Bellamy looked to me and said "if it's okay with you!" I nodded and watched as he lifted Octavia from one bed to the other. I sat up in the bed next to her while Bellamy went out to get a nurse. Octavia sighed and started to doze off. I kept quiet and watched her eyes flutter until they closed and she was out. I watched her sleep and smiled.
     I was woken by the nurses coming in with Bellamy and watched them change the sheets. I looked down at Octavia who was still asleep. Bellamy walked over to the bed and lifted up Octavia carefully and brought her to her freshly shorted bed. She rustled around and was out. Bellamy spread a new blanket over her body. The doctor came in and stated that visiting hours were over. Bellamy nodded, kissed Octavia lightly on the forehead and walked out. As soon as he left, I walked over to Octavia's bed and got into it with her. Octavia woke up, nuzzled into my chest and passed out again. I smiled and fell asleep myself.

Octavia:
   I woke up feeling awful. I looked up to see Clarke laying next to me. I smiled and looked to Bellamy who was there early. Bellamy smiled "I came in and couldn't help but smile." He said motioning to the bed. I smiled again and stood up. I walked over to a chair next to Bellamy's and sat down. I put my head on his shoulder and looked at the ground. For a second everything was fine. It quickly ended though. Bellamy could see in my eyes something was wrong as I walked towards Clarke's bed. "Octavia? Are you okay?!" Bellamy asked me but it sounded faint. I fell to the ground and my body tensed up.

Bellamy:
   As my sister headed towards the bed I had a small thought of what was about to happen. I shot up and she fell. I ran to her and she started seizing. I put a pillow under her head. This seizure was different though. Octavia was foaming at the mouth and she was feverish. "Nurse!!" I shouted. Clarke woke up and shot a look to the ground. She got up and ran to Octavia's side. The nurse ran in and said "shoot!" She radioed for Dr. Lew and he raced in. He saw his patient seizing unlike before and grabbed a shot. He put it into her arm and she relaxed. Her body calmed and she stopped shaking. The doctor wiped the foam from her mouth and said "it's becoming more serious." I looked up at him in complete fear and said "we have to do it don't we?" The doctor nodded and Clarke cocked her head in confusion. Bellamy sighed and lifted Octavia onto the bed.

Clarke:
   The words repeated in her head. "We have to do it don't we?" What did it mean? Was something wrong?! Was her friend...dying? She looked at Bellamy holding Octavia's hand firmly. I looked to Bellamy. "What is going on?" I asked frantically. Bellamy looked at me and said "She had one of the worst seizures. This means that a surgery we have been putting off because of the risks has to be done or she will die." His voice trembled as he looked to his unconscious sister. Risks? I looked to Bellamy and said "what risks?" Bellamy sighed and said "memory loss, speech loss, and brain damage." My heart sank. I didn't know what to say...what to do...or how to help. I just simply stood there. I didn't even notice when I got up into Octavia's bed, pulled her close, and started crying. As soon as I realized what I was doing it was too late to turn back and I didn't care. I could feel Bellamy's eyes staring down at us. He put a hand on my back and said "look...I know your scared for her and I am too but we have to be strong for her sake. I know you care about her...She's Strong, she will get through this." Comforted by Bellamy's words, I twirled Octavia's hair on my finger and waited for her to wake up.