Chapter 9

Tori's POV

Unfortunately for me, the janitors' closet wasn't that far from Sikowitz's classroom and, even more unfortunate for me, I was right in my assumption that Jade West had tried to hide herself away in said closet. As I approached, I kept myself concealed behind the wood, standing on my tiptoes to peer through the window, and, sure enough, there she was, sat on the floor with a large pair of scissors in one hand and a broom in the other, the bristles of which she was currently chopping to pieces.

I placed my hand on the door handle and hesitated; why was I even here? I could've just wandered around the school for a little while then gone back and told Sikowitz that I couldn't find Jade, I still could. I knew Jade wouldn't want to see me right now, or ever again, but curiosity was nagging at me. It wanted to know exactly why she had stormed out of the class instead of just brushing it off as part of the play, or even used what had happened to humiliate me in front of everyone, which was usually her style. There was something else too. Whatever happened back on the stage, I knew it wasn't just me who made it happen. Jade hadn't pushed me away or tried to stop me, she hadn't done so the time before that either, not until Cat came barging in. I'm not sure if it was just these new found feelings playing tricks on my mind, but it almostseemed like Jade wanted this... whatever it was.

"Jade?" Curiosity won. I entered the little room and the scissor-wielding girl rounded on me, whipping her arm around so that the blades of the object in her hand were dangerously close to my leg. Intentional or not, I wasn't sure.

"Fuck off, Vega." Jade said in a monotone then returned to massacring the broom.

Tempting, but-

"Jade." I sighed and, for some reason, sat down next to her on the floor. "Sikowitz told me to find you and get you back to class."

"Oh, so you're my minder now?" She spat, an eyebrow arched as she turned to face me again, the scissors now very near to the tip of my nose, making me go crossed eyed just to keep the metal instrument in my line vision.

I scooted back a little "Yes, of course, I'm now you're minder, Jade." I said sarcastically, but she acted as if she hadn't heard me. I huffed. "Sikowitz just sent me to get you back, that's all."

"I'm not going."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, whatever, that's all I'm here to do. I tried and failed, and now that's done, I'll leave you to vandalise more of the schools property."

I wouldn't usually give up like that, but I couldn't be bothered to deal with Jade if she was in one for these moods. I stood up to leave, but there was the sound of something shifting behind me and a clatter as the wooden broom fell to the floor, telling me that Jade had also stood up. I felt the now all too familiar touch of her fingers closing over my wrist and my arm I was yanked so I span around in a circle to face the paler girl, our noses just millimetres apart. Jade fixed me with an intense glare; I gulped, my eyes closed automatically as I prepared myself for the pain that was bound to follow, but it didn't and, to my utter surprise, the next thing I felt were Jades lips crushed roughly to mine, causing me to take a couple of steps back to keep my balance.

It took my body all of two seconds to get over the shock and respond enthusiastically to her kiss, but my mind was still stunned, the wheels in my brain turning slowly as it tried to work out if this was real or not. Jades free hand found its way to my waist, the other gripping my wrist a little tighter, pulling our bodies closer and my free hand moved up, coming to a rest on Jade's shoulder. Her lips parted, the wetness of her tongue brushed hungrily over my bottom lip causing my breath to hitch and a tiny, squeak of a moan escape me before I could stop it. I opened my mouth a small amount and her tongue darted inside, exploring eagerly, meeting mine fiercely as the kiss deepened and my fingers shifting to tangle in her hair. I could hardly breathe, my heart was pounding rapidly in my chest, and then... there was nothing.