Amaryllis

Disclaimer- I do not own any characters, setting, etc. belonging to Vivienne Medrano (AKA Vivziepop) and her upcoming show Hazbin Hotel. 

A/N- Special shout out for everyone who wanted this book continued. As well to those to voted and added to their list. ^^

--------

Alastor would have killed the person if they even suggest the idea that he might fancy the male flapper in the least. He had most certainly never had an interest in the idea, let alone the person itself. He had never caught himself stealing glances at Angel when he walks by him. His walk was surprisingly full of elegances and graceful swaying despite his whole existence. Or the way Angel would talk back tauntingly as a part of him protecting himself from being hurt. Or even the way his lips curl up reaching cheek to cheek into his signature smirk when he was happy. There was no way Alastor could have an interest in the pornstar.

Looking out his window, he could see a figure with something in their arms enter the Hotel's courtyard. From his room, he watched as Angel walked and played with his little piglet on his days off. The spider demon had long quit his job, allowing him the extra time off he spent with his pig or other 'interests'. His grin faded at the thought before it grew once more as he watched Angel interact with the small animal. Picking up the piglet, cuddling the creature to his fluff before walking back into the hotel.

Dragging himself from his window, he found himself leaning against the wall next to it. He didn't have an interest in the other male, he adored him. He loved Angel, and he truly wanted to let the other demon know.

However, over the course of his stay at the hotel and the newer tenants, that option was becoming close to impossible. During his moments, he went thru very many efforts to prove that he didn't like the other male at all. At the time, he took advantage of Mimzy obvious advances and undying love for him to test this 'theory'.

While he enjoyed Mimzy companionship to a point, Alastor truly thought he wasn't in love with the spider demon but seek him out for entertainment. But he was found wrong, shortly after his new relationship, Angel had come to him. Practically hesitant in his choices, Angel had demanded and even threatened Alastor to assist him. He was slowly breaking down and the young female couple had him on an extremely short leash. Alastor felt his heart burst at Angel desperation before agreeing to it, much to Mimzy's dismay.

While he began assisting with Angel's addiction problem progress, the two men had spent a lot of time together. Alastor found himself at constant war with himself as he fought with his feeling for the spider demon rising once more. It has gotten to the point Mimzy had tried to attack Angel and Alastor had ended their relationship instantly, threatening her to stay away in favor of not killing her for their previous history together.

That was when he was more than sure he did fancy the demon more then he thought. As Angel got closer to breaking off his addiction, Alastor couldn't help as his feeling deepen for him. The passage of time allowing him to know Angel better, and how he was wrong about him. Angel wasn't exactly was he expected him to be when they first met, and it made his heart feel heavy at his own previous attitude toward the male. Alastor was going to tell Angel that he 'fancied' him, but that was when the hotel has gotten an interesting new tenant before he could.

Rosie was a dazzling person, her presences left a similar effect as Angel, leaving Alastor dazed halting his plans. He found that he took an instant liking to the woman as their personality fitted well together. Alastor found himself spending more time with her, as Angel was entering the final stages of his rehabilitation. Angel and Alastor were rarely seen together since Angel had taken up gardening under Charlie suggestion and Alastor was getting to know Rosie.

Weeks passed and the garden on the rooftop had truly flourished under Angel's guidance that Charlie was able to set up a small resting area in the sea of Angel's flowers. He would often admire his surroundings more often than his conversation with Rosie whenever they met up for tea. Alastor found that he always imagine Angel not far from where he sat working knee deep in the garden tending to the flowers he grew with a wide smile. Rosie would simply sit with him, watching as Alastor would drown in his thoughts.

That was until a few days ago. Alastor had gotten into a heated argument with Angel over something stupid and it wasn't long before he found himself in Rosie's company once more. She had invited him for tea on the rooftop when he arrived she already had the table settle. The table was packed with freshly brewed tea and powdered sweets, however, one thing stood out from the usual set up. A small pot of amaryllis lay in the center of the table. He questioned the flower existences but didn't badger as he greeted her before taking a seat, enjoying her offered company.

Rosie must have noticed something was different, as she smiled at him before she spoke. "That was quite the show earlier, Alastor." She didn't look at him, taking a sip of her tea as Alastor laughed sarcastically before grinning. "Just the usual exchange of words. Nothing to it" Alastor replied, he knew otherwise but he didn't want to give himself away. He knew long ago that he didn't see Rosie as he originally thought, and his feelings for Angel began showing at Angel's tear from their 'conversation' before Angel fled the scene.

Rosie merely smiled as tho she could read his thought, she gestured toward the potted flowers. "The white one has been planting these lovely amaryllises as of late. Beautiful, aren't they." She spoke a hand reaching out to peck one out of the pot, studying it before looking at him for an answer. Alastor looked toward the flowers, his thought trailing off how they remind him of Angel in the red sea of hell own darkness with their multi-coloring of red and white. Dragging himself back he replied easily, "Of course, one wouldn't expect that Angel Dust of all people had grown them." He didn't know why he sounded sarcastic but he did.

Rosie smiled died a little before placing the flower back into the pot, she looked back at him dead in the eyes. "Would you like to know the meaning behind them?" She asked him. This piqued his interest, he was curious to why she had bought them and why she mentions them at all. He grinned as he leaned back into his chair, his fingers folding against each other in his lap. "I will admit. I am quite curious as to why you bought flowers for our tea party today." He replied he watched as her smile grew at his response.

"The white one was intoxicated one evening, talking dear Husk to death again if he could. I didn't think too much of it, seeing as he was drinking heavily to pay me much mind. Listening to his tale of woo, I recommended these flowers." She purposely cut herself off, gauging Alastor reaction. Happy when she saw Alastor flinched slightly in his seat, taking a sip out her tea before continuing once more. "Tho I will admit I never expected them to turn out so beautifully, let alone the fact he paid me much mind that night." Alastor had stayed silent taking in this conversation as Rosie looked toward the flowers a small grin appearing. "Amaryllis are well known for their meaning of 'unrequited love'." She said slowly, turning to look at Alastor drinking in his reaction.