Chapter 23

He clicked on the word and started to look up what they can do in New York City.

"Dad? Dad? Where are you?" Luke was running around in his house to find his dad. For ask him about New York. He was running until he bumped into Andrew and took a few steps back.

"Woah there. " Andrew grabbed his son's shoulder to find his balance. Luke chuckled a little and rubbed his neck.

"I'm sorry." Luke mumbled while still smiling a little. He just found the perfect place to go for their break. And a little voice inside Luke said that if he says where he decided to go he would come too. He just got excited more than he should. He didn't even ask about this to his dad. He was pretty sure that his dad doesn't even know they had such a long break.

"What's up Luke?" Andrew asked looking at Luke's non-stop smiling face.

"Dad we have a long break and me and Ashton wanted to go somewhere and I think that New York is the perfect place. Can we go please please please I'll be responsible and stuff." Luke said just in a breath and started to look at his dad with a begging puppy look.

"Why New York when you can go a place more near to us? I mean isn't it too far away?" Andrew was hesitating. Luke held his dad's shoulders and gave him a begging look.

"But dad everywhere around us is all sunny and I'm really bored of sunny weather. I want something different. I want it to rain. Or maybe even snow. Just please. Ashton will be with me." he looked down for a second and whispered " Maybe even Calum."

"I'll think about that one." Said and smiled Andrew. Luke knew his dad if he says I'll think about it, it meant that he had a chance. He quickly mumbled a 'thank you' and ran back upstairs to his room with a big smile on his face. Now only thing he had to do is convince Calum to come with them. Luke knew Ashton would say yes so he didn't have to talk to him he just needed to let him know. He texted Ashton telling that he wanted go to New York and his dad's words and Ashton quickly replied with "New York is a good choice Luke. I think I'm fine with that. We just have to wait for your dad."

"And Calum." Luke said to himself. He was really curious about Calum's answer when he tell him they're going to New York. Would he be like; "yeah that'd be great" or like; " that sounds cool" or "count me in". Luke just sat on his bed and creating senarios between him and Calum. He wanted to ask him right now but he didn't want to do this on phone. He wanted ask him in person. So he had to wait until tomorrow. He called Ashton and talked about what they could do in New York.

-----

There was only 3 minutes until the bell ring. Luke was literally counting the seconds. It was like when you're waiting for something the time goes slowly. Luke was never this eager to leave the class. But thinking about asking Calum if he wants to come to New York with him was making him amazingly excited. Or maybe just thinking about what they could do there. Luke glanced at clock once again. There was 1 minute left. He put all his stuff inside his black backpack and started to chew his cheek inside his mouth. 20 seconds. 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1. Luke swung his backpack over his shoulders and left the class in a rush.

He ran to Calum's table he usually sits at or just sits on the three next to it but still. He saw Calum and Michael was already sitting. Luke was glad Calum was sitting at the table today. He didn't want to be rude but to be honest he didn't think about inviting Michael. 'Maybe I should ask later.' Luke thought but he couldn't hold it any longer. 'Screw it I'm gonna ask maybe if Michael says yes Calum will say yes too.' Luke thought and made his way to their table and sat down. He looked at his dark haired friend and smiled. Calum gave him a confused look.

"Why are you so..." He trailed off like he was trying to find a word to describe Luke's mood and face.

"Happy?" Luke asked.

"Yeah that." Calum said while looking down at his cookies. Luke chuckled.

"How can I not be?" Luke asked.

"No you can just b-" Luke cut him off.

"I'm more than happy. I mean like more than I usually am." He said cheerfully. Calum put his cookie which was in his hands and looked at Luke like he just killed someone.

"Luke, remember the time when I told you not to cut me off?" Luke's smile dropped and looked down and nodded slowly.

"Yeah, so don't do it." He said and grabbed his cookie again and started to eat. It was quiet for a minute until Luke started to smile again.

"Can I ask you a question?" Luke asked excitedly.

"Surprise me Hemmings." Calum said not looking up from his cookies. "Will you go to New York with me?" He asked. "For the break." He added. He looked at Michael who was looking down with a frown on his face.

"You can come too Michael." Luke said with a smile. Michael frown turned into a smile so quickly. "Do you really want to go to New York with me?" He asked. Luke nodded and smiled.

"Of course Mike." Michael smiled and laughed a little.

"If I can sure I'll come." Luke smiled again and focused on Calum.

There was a small crease between Calum's eyebrows like he was thinking. "No" he finally said making Luke's face completely drop. Luke was really hoping that he'd change his mind when he learn where they're going. "Please Calum." Luke started to beg Calum while intertwining their hands and pulling out the puppy face. He first looked at their intertwined hands then Luke. He tried to look away but he couldn't. Luke saw him caving in. Luke squeezed Calum's hand which was in his hands, "please" he said one more time. Calum licked his lips and sighed before breathing out a "fine". A smiled formed on Luke's lips again. He got up quickly and surprised Calum by hugging him. "Thank you Thank you." He said while shaking him a little. Calum smiled a LIITLE while looking down then he pushed Luke and turned to himself. "Yeah, yeah whatever." Luke smiled at them once again before walking away to find Ashton.

Calum was looking down until he felt Michael's gaze on him. He looked up and sent him a death glare.

"What?" He said harshly making Michael raising his both hands in surrender but still having a smirk on his face.

"Nothing."

---

"But Ashton they already agreed with coming." Luke said to his best friend. Ashton closed his eyes and sighed.

"I can't believe you did this before even asking my permission." Luke turned to him.

"Do I need your permission to ask my friends to come with me? I think not."

"There are people who I don't have any idea who they are coming with us to New York."

"You know Calum." Ashton opened his eyes and looked at the guy who was sitting on the passenger seat.

"And Michael he knows you I thought maybe you know him too. Come on Ash they're not that bad kids." Luke was feeling like he was asking permission from his dad to go to park. Even his dad didn't make this a big issue why was Ashton acting like this?

"Ashton come on. I'll be just hanging around you. Plus they're funny. We'll have fun promise." Luke begged his best friend. Wow Luke begged a lot of people in just 2 days. Ashton knew Calum wouldn't be a big problem and Michael was a good kid too. They were friends back in the kindergarten. But it was bugging him what if Luke would be too busy with Calum and Michael to have fun with him. Luke had friends other than him but Ashton didn't. But Luke said he'll be hanging with him.

"Okay." Ashton finally and earning a big Luke Hemmings hug.

"Thanks Ashton." He said while hugging his best friend making him chuckle. He wasn't really into going New York with those people but he wanted to go. Maybe I'll be good friend with them too. Ashton tried to convinced himself.

"Okay we'll talk later on the phone. Thanks for driving me home." Luke said while opening the door of Ashton's car and getting out.

"Yeah no problem." Luke smiled one last time before closing the door and Ashton driving away.