Welcome Home

The next morning we woke early, 5 am sharp.

We couldn't know when the Governor would strike, and we had to be ready for anything.

I dressed in a white crop top and high waidted shorts. Usually people wouldn't wear these kinda clothes for fear of being openly exsposed to the walkers if they came.

I like to think im smart enough to not let them get that close in the first place. We had lookouts perched in watchtowers and people covering the chainlink fence walkways on the prison, so if it came down to it, we could duck and fire and have protection.

Michonne was up and moving around,  but Rick never made her leave. Glenn and Maggie were still at odds. Rick seemed to slowly be slipping even more. And Daryl. There was still no sign of Daryl Dixon.

I tried to act like I wasn't bothered by his absence. I had gone 8 months without him. It's been a mere day. But he weighs heavy on my mind.

I walked out into the feild where Michonne sat by the tipped over broken down bus. She was distancing herself, watching everyone. Analyzing. She even seemed distant from me.

I approached her and sat next to her, swords on my back. She looked over at me and her eyes drifted to my arm where I had been grazed by a bullet rescuing Maggie and Glenn.

"Where did that come from?" She asked me, looking up towards the prison at Rick who stood with binoculars, looking out in the distance.

I shrugged a little as I touched the wound "I got grazed by a bullet, no big deal" I said, smiling at her.

She gave me a pointed look "You need to be more careful" she said with firmness in her tone.

I grinned sheepishly "Oh Mish, you know how I am" I joked, looking down at my boots as the gentle breeze  wafted througu the tall grass and wild flowers.

She put her hand on my arm "Exactly...I do...but you have family now, you can't be reckless" she said, catching my attention. She was fully serious in her words.

I nodded my head "I know....I will " I said.

She nodded her head and we both turned to look at Rick as he walked out to the 3 graves in the feild.

Lori's grave.

Once he reached it, he stopped, and started looking around, as if he was looking for someone.

He started pacing back to the gates and he  went out, leaving the gates open.

Michonne ran over to shut them and I paced the fence, watching Rick as he stood on the bridge over the small creek.

Michonne walked up to me and looked confused and I sighed softly "I think he's...hallucinating....seeing Lori" I said.

I felt for him. My heart ached for the loss of her as well. I truly wished that she made it, for her children.

She deserved better then what she got.

"We should go back inside...let them know whats going on" I said "besides, it isn't exactly the safest out here for us"

She nodded in agreement as we walked back up the hill
And into the cell block.

It took a moment for my eyes to adjust and when we walked in, Carl and Glenn and everyone stood gathered around a drawing on the floor of the prison layout.

"The whole front end of the prison is our weak spot, they could just stroll right in" Glenn said.

"Why are we so sure that he will even attack. Maybe we scared him off" Beth said.