Bloody Mess Love

"We have about a days worth of water left, we'll need to get more" Rick said as we walked.

It's been about a week since the fall of the prison, and all we've done is walk the railroad, stopping only to sleep or take a quick rest.

I looked around, taking in the area around us. This part of the railroad stretched through a clearing surrounding by a few trees. "How much longer do you think it will take us to get there?" I asked as I looked back at them.

Rick shrugged his shoulders "hopefully soon, hopefully we can find some of the others" he said. He gave me a reassuring look "we will" he said
I nodded my head and looked at my ring once more. I found myself stating at it in the quiet moments. It was my hope. My daily reminder that I would find him. And I would. I could feel it in my heart. "We can cover a lot of ground if we take less breaks today" I said eagerly, running my hands through my hair.

"We can't overwork ourselves....we need to conserve as much energy as possible" Michonne said softly to me. Reminding me that I needed to be practical still.

She was right.

"We'll keep moving until dark, then find a place to settle down" Rick said in my favor. I nodded my head and smiled my thanks before picking my bag up again and continuing on our long and beaten trek

Next Morning

The mornings were getting colder and colder

The mornings were getting colder and colder. We were on the brink of winter now and I hoped that it would all just slow down. Each day without Daryl was excruciating. I found it hard to focus on anything but moving forward.

"I'm gunna check the snares, ya wanna come?" Rick asked me as I sat next to the fire, staring into the flames, lost in my mind. I nodded my head and pushed myself up off the ground and grabbed my weapons.

We walked off down an old trail and then branched off into the bush.

"You doin okay?" Rick asked me as he turned back to look at me . I looked at him and nodded "as good as I'm going to get" I said softly.

He stopped and looked at me Seriously and I chuckled "what do you want me to say Rick.....I can't focus on anything accept finding our people..." I said, choking over my words "finding Daryl" I said "I finally found everyone, only to have it ripped away from me 2 months later".

He nodded his head and came over to me, giving me a much needed hug. One thing about Rick, was that he was a good hugger. He was important to me as well. He was the older brother I never had in my life and I was thankful we found them. He patted my back and then let me go "we'll find him" he said.

I nodded my head and wiped the tears from my eyes hastily. Rick beant over and grabbed a rabbit from the noose and suddenly a cry for help echoed through the woods. We both stopped and stared ahead "we need to go" I said . Rick nodded in agreement so we headed back to camp and packed our things and started are way back on the trail. A few hours on the road we came to a stop at an old beat down truck parked in the middle of the road with the doors open and windshield broken in. We all drew our weapons and approached with caution . A walker lay near by on the ground completely unable to move so I penetrated the skull with my sword.