The Crazy Ones

The car ride was mostly silent as we drove along the deserted highway. There was tension between Michonne and Rick, and it was heavy the whole ride.

Michonne slowed down as we had to drive off the highway around the cars long deserted. The ground was muddier then usually due to humidity and the vehicle was swarmed with walkers not long after. But it was easily handled.

Once we had killed off the walkers, I got out and searched some of the cars for any supplies we could find. There wasn't much, but there was enough. Carl and Rick were working on getting the tires unstuck while I got back in the car and looked at Michonne in the visor mirror.

"You okay?" I asked her caringly.

She nodded her head "They don't like me" she said with no emotions.

I sighed and leaned back "they don't even know you Michonne, give it time" I said softly as I looked out the window to the trees.

A man on the highway screamed and yelled for us to not leave him, but at this rate I knew Rick wasn't taking anyone else in.

Another 20 minut s of driving landed us in a small town that seemed familiar to me. "I know this place...." I said softly.

"This was where I worked before it all went to hell" Rick said to me, eyes on the road ahead. I nodded my head.

"You must've lived close by" I said as I ran a hand through my hair and watched as Michonne pulled into the police station.

We parked and got out, and I secured all my weapons on my body before following them inside the place.

It seemed deserted and damn near empty, and my suspicion was confirmed when we walked into the locker room and saw the gun cage was completely empty.

Rick kicked the wall in frustration and rubbed his forehead, trying to think of something. "We can check other places, but there won't be as many as there were in here"

"Well we're gunna need as much as was in here, ammo to" Michonne added in. I nodded in agreement. If we we're going to survive this, we had to.

We made our way back onto the street and started walking the sidewalk. Things seemed completely quiet and I was glad for that. The less fighting the better. The heat was beating down on my skin and I could feel the slight burn coming on already.

The pavement had arrows in spray paint on it and warning signs covered the streets, telling us to turn back, to leave.

"I don't like the feeling of this" I said calmly, holding one sword in my hand as I looked up at the windows of the building . I swore I saw movement "we shouldn't be here to long "

"I agree....we get what we're coming for and then get the hell outta here" Rick confirmed, keeping his eyes peeled ahead.

The growls of a walker came from behind me and we stopped and looked back to see. I started walking forward to end it when Rick stopped me "She'll just get caught. There's no need"

I stepped back when she ran into the right wiring and suddenly a gun shot rang out as the head of the walker was blown off.

I jumped back and we all looked up to a man on the roof of the building screaming at us "DROP WHAT YOU HAVE AND GO, DROP IT ALL, IN 10 SECONDS!"

The man started counting down and I glared up at him "We need that rifle Rick, we can't leave" I said.

Rick thought on it for a moment and when the man counted to 5, Rick spoke "Carl run!"

Carl took off behind a big truck while Michonne and I sucked behind another, making our way towards the building he was in.

I stayed at the bottom in case the man came down while Michonne went up. I pressed myself against the wall with my sword drawn and knife in the other. Suddenly gunfire appeared and I felt a bullet graze my leg.