The Bridge

Anya's POV
There he was, sitting on his suitcase.
"Dmitri." He looked right at me and for a split second he looked overjoyed. But then he looked upset.
"If you ever see me from a carriage again, don't wave don't smile. I don't want to be in love with someone I can't have."
"I always dreamed my first kiss would be in Paris with a handsome prince"
"I'm not your prince Anya."
"The grand dutchess Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanov begs to disagree, Dima" I walked over to him laid the suitcase on its side and stepped on top of it. Then I kissed him, finally.

As I was kissing him he tensed, probably shocked. Then he pulled me closer to him at my waist. I pulled away and smiled at him, he smiled back at me then lifted me off the suitcase, grabbed it and linked arms with mine. We walked across the bridge. Just as we reached the middle I felt a shaking, then a cracking noise we ran to get back to land, the bridge was collapsing. A chunk of the bridge fell and I was left hanging.
"Anya! Anya hold on to my hand!" He reaches down and a grabbed his hands using all my strength to keep myself from falling into the river.
"I'm gonna pull you up!" He pulled me, I let go of one of his hands to push myself up. I was safe on the part of the bridge still in tact. I looked into Dmitri's eyes and felt tears of fear and also relief run down my cheeks. I thought we were safe, but one of the street lights fell on us. Then it was all black.

Hello, sorry this was bad. Also I know an earthquake didn't happen in Paris like ever but it's fiction so whatever. Hope you liked it and that you keep reading. Byeeeeee!!!