8. pag-aalaga

They had a lovely time at dinner, sharing stories about themselves without being too specific. She learned that he had gone to the States as a young boy and pursued medicine there. He discovered that she didn't really like peanut butter and her favorite childhood game was piko.

They quietly walked along the shore, heading for her villa only to realize that the tide had come in and the path leading to her villa was now waist-deep in water.

"...I forgot na pag-low tide lang pala pwede dumaan dito...sorry..."

"No worries. Teka, daan muna tayo sa hut namin so I can check on Chichi then ihahatid na kita to your villa..." Chuck suggested as they made their way back.

Maine waited outside while Chuck went in. Through the sheer curtains of the hut he could see Chuck talking to another lady, she assumed that this was the "Yaya" he mentioned earlier. She sat down on the wooden bench which faced the sea and momentarily got lost in her thoughts.

"...pupunta daw kaming America kahit ayaw ko..." Tisoy said woefully.

"...sinabi mo sa kanila?" Menggay replied. She was concerned about the sadness her friend was feeling.

"Oo...pero sabi nila, dun na daw ako mag-s-school..."

"Eh di okay! Dun ka na rin mag-aral maging pilot o kaya doctor...diba yun yung pangarap mo?" Menggay replied trying to cheer Tisoy up.

"Hmm...pag naging doctor o pilot na ako, magkikita pa kaya tayo?"

"Hmm...siguro pag naging nurse or stewardess ako. Pag naging nurse ako, ikaw yung doctor or pag ikaw yung pilot, ako yung stewardess dun sa airplane..."

"Uy! Okay yun ah! Sana sa future, magkita tayo ulit!" Tisoy said excitedly.

"Sana! Ikaw at ako ang magiging chubby doctor and nurse!" Menggay chuckled. This gave them reason to laugh and hope.

---

Maine didn't notice Chuck come out from the hut until he said, "...are you ready?"

"Huh?"

"Sabi ko, are you ready? Chichi had some soup and is busy watching something on Netflix...o ayan ha, tama na ako...Netflix..."

Maine looked up and giggled at Chuck's insistence that he had said the app name correctly. She nodded and stood up and together, they walked toward the restaurant and main building of the resort.

There were a few young people lounging in the lobby while their companions inquired at the front desk. They were 'busy' with their phones when Chuck and Maine walked past. Luckily, the exclusivity of the resort also had plain clothes security disguised as staff who quickly saw two young people hold up their phones ready to snap a photo. They were quickly approached and advised to maintain the privacy of their fellow guests.