12. pag-aalinlangan

"Kuya! Look! I don't care about the article. I'm happy that you got to go out with her. And I'm happy that I got to meet her too. Thank you." Riza showed Chuck the tweet about him and Dei being spotted on their date.

"Oh shit!" Chuck exclaimed.

"Pare! Sikat ka na! My bestfriend just dated one of the country's top celebrities..." Anton exclaimed.

"And risked our time together..." Chuck shook his head.

"...does this mean you're going to ask her out again?"

"What do you think? Is it too soon?"

"Nothing's too soon if you've decided on it...risks and all..."

Chuck opened his mouth to react but shut it again and stared at the picture on Anton's phone.

---

"Please explain what this is all about? Bakit di ko alam to?" Mamang tried to be as calm as possible.

"...yan yung pinagpaalam nyang leave kahapon..." Sam said.

"...okay...pero Dei...sino sya?" Mamang replied then turned to Dei.

Maine wringed her fingers and exhaled. "...childhood friend..." she started then told Mamang and Sam the story of her and Tisoy's friendship.

"...so hindi mo alam na sya yung doctor na ni-recommend sa yo?"

"No...I didn't remember his family name when I saw it on the referral slip...akala ko nga Filipino-American e...when I saw him at his clinic the first time, he didn't look familiar kasi nga sobrang chubby namin pareho the last time we saw each other..."

"Hmm...what does Aldo say about this?"

"I don't know. Di pa kami nagkikita..."

"...wala naman silang relasyon diba? I mean, si Mandy ang nililigawan nya...ka-love team nya lang tong si Dei..." Sam said.

"...alam natin yun...pero hindi lahat tanggap yang kwentong yan...shempre i-p-push nila ang gusto nila...which is the AlDei loveteam..."

"...ayoko naman masira yung friendship namin ni Chuck..." Maine said.

"Oo naman...besides, sabi mo sya din ang doctor mo..."

Maine nodded.

"...di naman sa tutol ako sa friendship at relationship nyo...just be careful...public figure ka pa rin..." Mamang reminded.