Chapter 13~Bowls Away

I woke up with such a heavy heart. But someone, no something woke me up.

My god damn phone. Who the hell was calling me at 7:30 in the morning?!

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and my eyes squinted so tight because I wasn't used to the bright lighting just yet. But when everything came back into view, the name "Ms Cookie" came up from my phone. I love her and all but she just interrupted my beauty sleep, but I wasn't going to be mean so I answered her call. Plus, I was quite curious as to why she was calling me this early on a Saturday morning.

I cleared out my voice so didn't sound like a zombie, and answered in a happy tone.

"Heyo Ms Cookie!"

"Haha good morning Ms Coffee, I hope I didn't wake you up".

She kind of did, but I wasn't going to crumble her cookie heart

"Nah you didn't, what's up girly?

"Wondering if your fine coffee self, wants to join me and a few friends bowling today? I miss you and well...I miss you, so you in?"

I laughed quietly and shook my head at her "miss you". That's cute.

Bowling sounds nice. I haven't been in ages. But let me tell you this...I am a champion at bowling. A double turkey has to count for something, eh?

"Sure thing, Ms Cookie"

"Amazing! Okay, Jace and I will pick you up with my brother and Brooklyn"

Say whaaaaat?

Her brother? As in her brother Ryan?

Oh geez. The last time Ryan and I had a discussion, it was at a biker's stripper nightclub, I was a bartender for a night, I was getting hit on by a drunk guy so Ryan broke his nose and then it left me in the state I am in right now.

But I couldn't say no to Skye. I sighed but she heard me over the phone.

"Alexis, you there?", I didn't want to make things awkward, so I said something that would brighten up the mood.

"Yeah, I'm sorry haha, is it okay if we pass McCafé?"

"Of course! You realise I wouldn't let you out without a cappuccino in hand, right? I've got you. We'll be there at 9, see you soon!"

"Same to you"

And we both hung up.

Wait a minute...did she said they'll be here at 9?!

Oh crap, it's almost 8.

I ran to the bathroom to do whatever a girl has to do, to make herself look fabulous.

Well, I try anyway.

When I finished from the bathroom I ran to my bedroom and checked the time on my bedside table. It read "8:34am". Yes, I do take a long time in the bathroom but this beauty doesn't just happen.

I'm basically a snail when it comes to getting ready. I opened my wardrobe and took out my black and white striped t-shirt dress with black leather sleeves. I slipped on knee-high black boots. I applied light foundation, mascara and concealer to make myself look half decent. I applied my favourite pink lipstick and grabbed my handbag. I ruffled my hair to let it sit in its messy state. That'll do.

"8:58am"

Two minutes to look in mirror and make sure I don't look like the Joker.

Then I heard a car horn. I went downstairs and opened the front door. I then saw a car filled with three teenaged kids and one crazy cookie freak, hanging from the window waving her arms up and down. She was wearing a cute fitted t-shirt that had a TMNT print on it, her fine looking ripped jeans with white converse. She had a white ribbon that ties her adorable wavy hair up.